Karen of Instagram's Comment

6 February 2023

Have you ever been on Instagram for the longest time?

Do you spend your time staring at the cute little kitty meowing in front of your screen and you eventually smiled as they meowing, the kitten in question didn't even wear any necklace, indicating that the cat were stray cat found somewhere in the field

Then, you check the comments, so far. There's nothing eye-catching but just a compliment of how the cute the kitten was, spamming love and eye-heart emoji, telling their experience with their own cat; sometime, ended up saying that they missed their cat.

Eventually you saw one particular comments.

"Why did you just recording it? You should adopt them!"

"I hope they get adopted"

"Please adopt them! They get cold! Don't just use them as an entertainment!"

Seeing those comments makes you dropped your mood and didn't feel any amusement after seeing those kitten video, no

Seeing those comments makes you dropped your mood and didn't feel any amusement after seeing those kitten video, no. Your irritated feeling doesn't come from the fact that the the one who record the video didn't do anything to help the "poor" kitten.

But something...

You eventually swiped to other cats video, this time. The cat in question playing with laser with fast pace, and as you opened the comments, another so-called animal activist/vet commenting about this.

"You only making them getting stressful"

And any such.

This so-called animal abuse comments has become more rampant than ever, especially in Instagram, kinda weird how insta comments that contain simple cat video could be as hazardous as twitter as a whole.

I have a feeling that these people doesn't have any cat at all and very jealous to other people who have a cat, but this one is just my speculation.

The other thing  why do people have commented such as this, probably they doesn't have anything better to do than being miserable in social media, like any other social media user. They think they know any better than the actual cat owners and legit vet.

Also, also. I'm sure they're looking for a clout, just like typical slacktivist. Looking for a likes and clout to make themselves better than any other, but in reality, they just a clown behind the screen.

I don't think this kind of comments could be exclusively about cat, any other pets and animal maybe have this issue, i haven't seen the twitter version of the comment section of the pets and animal in general. Probably it was more civil than the instagram one, how ironic.

Unfortunately, these kind of comment will probably getting more and more to be seen, you might be get tired after seeing those "Animal Abuse" comment, we can't do anything. But for now, we should take a break from social media and love our pets more (If you have one)

I really wish i could studying more about these people's behaviour, what's make them comment such thing, if i guessed, they probably used to have a cat but eventually dead due to terrible accident and wanted to warn another so the mistake won't happened again to other people's pets.

That's probably my takes on this situation, how about you? Have you ever commented this kind of thing? Have you received same comment?