The Similarities is Uncanny!

27 February 2023

It's almost the end of the February as i write this blog.

I just got home from my college, and as usual. I kinda forget and can't comprehend what the stuff i got on college, my mind keep fogging me about video editing, future drawing and also what episode i should write next for my Starla N Co.

I know you guys craving for my story, but be patience, i have a life and i got lots of stuff to do, plus the burden from the past wound haven't heal yet. ;_;

And i got new message from my Mom, she send me a stuff related to writing thesis for my college, she advised me to follow certain account on Instagram that related to thesis stuff, i kinda forget that Mom has sending me this kind of stuff for a while, just like what i said before, i'm busy with my own business.

Alright, cut to the chase, there's a new video games released not too long ago, it called Hi-Fi Rush, i haven't purchased it or even played it, I've been seeing the gameplay from my favorite YouTube commentator.

However, i just don't give a damn about newest video game release, there's a several reason.

1. Video games nowadays has no more wallet-friendly, have to wait for discount season, i have to save my money to buy commision mostly.

2. Video games nowadays always released half-baked, and the dev excuse was like. Oh you know, we can just give it a patch periodically. Which is really terrible excuse in my book.

3. Terrible story and also cringey stuff on video game appears more often, you know what i'm talking about.

But, as i saw the review on Steam, it has Overwhelmingly Positive, which mean. The game is really, really good!

But i'm still not convinced to buy the game, heck. I haven't finishing Nier Automata and Fallout 2, even Fallout 4! Who know as i buy the game, i didn't even finish the game yet!

Now, let's talk about the similarity that i encountered in this game.

Oh. My. God

Peppermint.

Yes, her!

My goodness gracious! Her design is absolute perfection!

You might be dislike her design due to her design being associated with so-called strong woman from western entertainment, but to me. I actually liked the side shaved hair, but i get it. It's has negative connotation now, very sad. 

Despite all of that, let me tell you that i have a character that her design is similar to Holly, yes. My Holly Mackenzie Grimes.

Don't believe me? Here's the proof.

Shocked? Me too! I'm shocked as well!

So, what i should do in this situation?

Well...I guess i just don't give a damn about it unless people started to accusing me stealing Peppermint design...

I'm a type of person who didn't goes berserk when someone pointed out my oc similar to any established character, heck. I would be much happier if people acknowledge that my oc, in this case. Holly Mackenzie Grimes. Is similar to Jackie Lynn Thomas from Star vs The Forces of Evil. This is mean that these people know where i got my inspiration for my story!

But yeah, not all people love to heard when someone pointed out that their oc similar to any existing characters, especially with artist, just please. Don't do it to them, you only making them crying.

Back to my point about their similarities, i'll just tell everyone that i design my Holly long before the game even released. Yes, that's probably the only best defense that i got, and i hope it's not getting worse.

But for now, people doesn't know much about my work, i'm on the shadow right now, there's gonna be fewer people that eventually noticed the similarity of my oc and Peppermint.

I guess my potential fan won't bother with this thing. I also love to see Peppermint and Holly interacting in the form of artwork.

Please, just do it.