They Came After Me!

8 July 2023

Finally, another blog for this month, it's been awhile.

Where have you been? Busy grinding battle pass in Fortnite and exploring stuff in Fallout 3 and also Fallout 4 as well, we all know Bethesda Fallout is notoriously known for their lack of choices, lack of selection of weapons and awful stories, but nonetheless, being a Fallout fan i enjoyed those game again, yeah. Playing alot these day, not only busy for the writing, but also preparing something that related to the college.

So, i'm probably won't be active much (Funny consider i really isn't as active as you might be think) in any social media sphere, my dream to become a YouTuber still out there, i just need to install a editing software that isn't killing my laptop.

Speaking of laptop, my HP Laptop has been repaired, took around more than 4 days to get fixed, the hardisk corrupted and the old battery turned out getting inflated, probably due to overheat and also, freezing. But i guess the problem has been solved. But i have to pay the price by losing the hardisk, it's unrepairable i guess. And interestingly, the SSD still in pristine condition and no sign of damage at all, said the service guy. I hope this time my laptop could cooperate with me when i wanted to editing a video.

Maybe i should get a job as a video editor for a side hustle, that's something good idea.

So i played Fallout 4 and Fortnite when the laptop is gone, and as the laptop has arrived, i'm sticking with Fallout 3 with a help of mods of course to make the game less boring.

Enough for the backstory, now. You wondering, who's come after me? Twitter freaks? Discord mods? Angry fanboys?

It's actually a scammer who pretend to be a "Publisher", i put quote unquote just to confirm the fact that they're the scammer.

So, what did they want from me?

Well, this is the message that they sent to me.

Have you seen it? good.

And you might be thinking. But dude. How could you know if this message is a scam that related to the publishing world? Well, thanks for asking.

I've been heard about fake publisher trying to scam you, the consequence is they will suck the money from your Intellectual Property, i also has been encountered someone to went to other site and put my work over there if i remember correctly, luckily. I don't give a damn because i'm too "busy" doing other stuff.

Usually, real publisher is too busy to come after authors into their inbox, even real publisher won't even mentioning about 'hey, let's make money with me!' And i can assure you that these scammer didn't even read my works at all, they just straight up went to my inbox and contact me if you want to publish the works.

And the glaring sign of the account was fake is when i check the account, it was made a months ago as i write this blog. And they don't have anything present on their account. So yeah, huge red flag!

So,if you're a beginner writer, especially in this website, Wattpad. I advice you to not speaking to them, just report them and make sure they didn't do more damage to your works and other.

I hope you don't get scammed by these so-called publisher, remember to stay safe and do research when it comes to publishing stuff

I know i haven't publish my works either self-publishing or traditional publishing, but hey. At least i could save you from the trouble.