I'm Sorry, But I Don't Have Any Advice For You...

17 August 2022

It was night at my place, at the time i write this. It was 6 PM and going to 7 PM, currently. There's no one but myself at home, just me. Who living in this house. I can't talk about my other family members, afraid if i revealed their whereabout, which is something that i don't want to talk about.

Anyway, i currently struggling on how to get an audiences, a readers, beta readers, those who want to see my story. Because in fact, audience (Or reader, fanbase, fandom if you want to call that) is the most important thing you must have if you're an author, artist, filmmaker, animator, game developer, etc. Why? Because they can giving a little help by giving you a feedback about stuff you made, and make it better as you heard the feedback from the community you shaped.

Yes, i craving for the reader to read my story and giving me a feedback to improve my storyline. 

I have an Instagram where i usually put my artwork of my original project, (Which is focused on Starla N' Co) So, as you know (Or maybe not for those isn't familiar with writing community in Instagram) Most of the account in Instagram about writing usually posted a writing advice, it could be original advice that made by the owner of the account or just those who made the account dedicated to took writers advice from various place, (Tumblr, twitter and any other social media) then posted it there.

Like i said before, i prefer to put my concept art and drawing of my original project onto my Instagram account, follow the account @/centuri0nbanana21 btw if you haven't. And not the writing advice at all just like the other Insta Writers.

Why i don't even giving any writing advice or just took others (At least i would giving it a credit in my case)? I'm a type of person who still can't even follow their own advice and even arrange their own schedule then doing it. So, i guess that's not a good idea, also. I'm a still novice author. Therefore i couldn't giving you Stephen King level-Advice of writing straight from my brain, heck even i follow that advice.

Even though of that. I might be have one little advice that quite simple plus i follow this advice until now.

Basically, you shouldn't living to pleasing another instead of yourself or even your core fanbase.

It's a simple concept yet it already lost in time, and surely entertainment corporation love to pleasing Twitter peoples instead of the actual audience because they wanted those bags so much.

In the case of entertainment world, this is what they love to do, tried to make these self-proclaimed fan happy but at the end of the day, they didn't buy those stuff you "made" for them and at the same time, losing respect from the core fanbase as well.

When it came to feedback, you have to differentiate which one is criticism that could help you build the story better and those one that could ruin your entire work from ground up.

I know this advice isn't a groundbreaking , related to the writing specifically and also isn't new, it's actually has been existed long time ago, heck. There's even a tales about this advice.

I'll talk about pleasing another in the next segment. 

I guess that's about it, i actually enjoying little bit writing non-fiction in this section.

Wherever you are, have a good day.