ꜱɪʟᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇʟʟꜱ

The lights flickered on and off in different patterns. Red, green, white and blue. Streets filled with families huddled together, walking past the store fronts, stopping and pointing once and a while. The ground was covered in snow, looking out the window of Family Video Lorraine thought she was looking at a postcard.

"Lorry!" Her mother called her, "Come on Lorry, look outside!"

Lorraine ran towards the living room, her mother standing with the door wide open. She immediately felt the chill of winter escaping into their warm nest. Wrapping herself in her arms, she came closer to her mother.

Small snowflakes began to fall from the sky. Lorraine had forgotten how cold it was moments ago, letting her arms go from her grip. The ground outside was covered in a blanket of white, untouched. Twinkles of the lights from the trailers glistened in its reflection. It was like a painting.

"It's..." She said, a smile growing on her face.

"Snowing!" Her mother smiled, grabbing their coats. They quickly got dressed, not caring that they were still wearing their pajamas. Lorraine had never seen the snow, it was the first time she had ever held snow in her hands. It burned after a while, but she didn't care. She made snowballs as best as she could and threw them at her mother, she ducked and laughed.

She leaned an arm on the shelf of VHS she had just been organizing, shoving her hand in her hand as she looked on. A small, almost sad smile crawled onto her face. A small sigh escaped her, as she continued to stack the Christmas Special section. The small bell above the door rang, a new customer entering.

Two hands were placed on her hips from behind, causing Lorraine to jump for a moment. She laughed, turning around and slapping Eddie playfully. He simply gave her a long, loving kiss in response.

"Nice hat," he chuckled, taking the Santa hat that all those in Family Video had to wear. She scrunched her nose, ripping the hat from his hands.

"Well, I have to wear it." She emphasized, placing the hat on once more.

"Doesn't sound very festive of you,'" He said, placing a small kiss on her cheek, whispering as his lips ran down her jaw. "Do you want to go on the naughty list?"

Lorraine bit her lip for a moment, but put her hands on his shoulder and separated Eddie from her. He had a wide grin on his face, she chuckled.

"I'm working, Eddie." She laughed, turning around once more to continue the display.

"Yeah, I know," He shrugged. "I just wanted to see you before Hellfire. I've got the t-shirts ready."

Eddie unzipped his leather jacket to show off his new D&D Club shirt. Lorrain turned around, her mouth dropping.

"Eddie!" She shrieked, almost jumping in glee. "It's amazing! It looks so much better than your sketch!"

"Right?" He raised his eyebrows, giving them a bit more room between them so she could admire the work of art that he had created. "I got one for you, too."

"I don't play," She smiled, chuckling.

"Babe," he said, licking his lips in a very 'I'm too cool for school' way. "You're my old lady." Giving a wink at the last word.

Lorraine hit him again, maybe this time not so playfully, as she laughed. Eddie apologized softly, trying to keep his laughter to a low volume. Quickly grabbing her one more time to embrace her, he wrapped his arms around her waist trapping her. He smiled, giving her a kiss on the nose.

"I'll pick you up after." He said, giving her one more kiss before letting her go.

"I'll be here." She smirked, raising a VHS in her hands. Eddie walked backwards towards the door, not letting his eyes off her. She smiled at him, watching as he turned around and opened the door, escaping into the cold, dark winter evening.