ᴏᴜʀ ʜᴏᴜꜱᴇ

Lorraine landed harshly on the mattress, gasping as she did. She began to laugh, agreeing with the others that it was indeed fun to go through the gate and land in their own reality. Eddie lent out his hand and she took it, as he lifted her to her feet.

"Now," She said, laughing "I just need to see a rabbit in a waistcoat."

Eddie smirked at her remark, watching as Lorraine's mood had changed in a split second. The closer she was to the real world, it was like the cold side of her completely vanished. They all watched as Nancy was also thrown onto the mattress, Robin helping her up, and quickly seeing Steve flop into the right side up.

"Okay, so," Robin said, her hands frantic. "I'd really like to get away from this thing. At least for a while."

"I agree." Steve said, raising his brows, looking at Nancy with a grin.

"We could go to my house," Lorraine said, crossing her arms. "We can catch our breaths there."

"And eat." Steve added. Lorraine chuckled, and nodded.

"And eat." She repeated, looking over at Eddie for a moment. He had been staring at her, without realizing, with a puppy dog face. She bit the inside of her lip, not sure how to interpret what the look meant. Was he still scared? Of course he would be. Is he mad at her? She would be if he acted the way she did earlier. She sighed as she turned on her heel, opening Eddie's door and leading the others to the trailer just across the road.

Lorraine almost felt like collapsing once they were in her trailer, feeling like weight had lifted from her shoulders. Dustin and Steve immediately dashed to the kitchen cabinets, scavenging for something to eat. Nancy and Robin sat on the couch, letting out harsh sighs of exhaustion as they did, while the kids sat at the foot of the couch, leaning against each other. They were all exhausted from everything that had gone on in one night. Lorraine felt horrible that those kids had been through something similar already. She herself was struggling with only having lived one event over a few days, she couldn't imagine the toll it had on the others. It did however comfort her knowing that everyone had each other's backs, sharing a bond that is so unique, knowing that they could understand one another perfectly.

Eddie caught Lorraine's attention, motioning his hand for her to come towards her father's bedroom. She had zoned out with the flutter of soft conversations and laughter, like her trailer was actually a home, for once. She turned, crossing her arms and looking at her feet as she got closer to Eddie. In the doorway, they faced each other, both leaning their backs on the wooden frame. Lorraine couldn't dare look at Eddie, she felt embarrassed for acting the way she did.

"Lor," He whispered, taking his hands and leaning them on the door-frame behind him, tapping the wood with his nails. "Are you okay?"

"I should be asking you that, Eddie." She scoffed lightly, glancing over to him quickly only to divert her eyes to the others in the living room. Some had fallen asleep, Steve and Dustin were in the kitchen already making a mess with whatever they had found. She bit the inside of her cheek, as her foot began to tap.

"I'm sorry," She continued, "Sorry for acting like a bitch down there, or up there. Whatever you wanna call it."

Eddie leaned over slightly, taking one hand and gently holding Lorraine's chin between his fingers. Turning her to face him, she saw the puppy dog look once more. His brows slightly risen, worried, the shadows casting on his face allowed for her to see a slight twinkle in his pupil.

"I don't need a sign," He softly said, finally kicking himself off of the doorway and getting closer to her. He tried to smile softly, but quickly pressed his lips together.