ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇɴᴅ

"Stay still!"

"No! Get away!"

"Come on! Just one, please!"

Eddie struggled to escape Lorraine's grip, squirming as her hands wrapped around his waist tightly. Between giggles, she tried to snap another photo of him with the old polaroid camera she had found in her Dad's closet. Somewhat satisfied, she took the photo carefully as it slowly came out of the camera, waiting for it to develop.

While she stood there, Eddie looked at her, a silent smile growing on his lips. Her excitement grew as the photo slowly created shapes and bloomed with colors. Quickly, however, the excitement in her eyes faded as she pouted and turned the photo to Eddie with his arms raised, head turned and a hand almost covering the camera's lens.

"You can't even see your face." She whimpered, throwing her head back in defeat. Eddie quickly grabbed the camera from her hand, jumping back quickly with a grin on his face. Lorraine tried to react, but was too slow. He quickly snapped a photo of her, not even sure if she would show up on camera.

"Eddie, no!" She yelped, a laugh escaping her lips. As the photo came out, Eddie quickly took it in his hands and raised it high into the air. Lorraine jumped and waved her arms, trying to retrieve the, most likely, embarrassing photo. Eddie chuckled, pulling his hand back every time she lept for the photo.

"I'm sure you look fantastic." He smirked, lowering his head towards her face and scrunching his nose. Lowering his hand slightly, he allowed Lorraine to finally grab the photo, as she looked closely at it. Eddie peaked over her, seeing how the form of her face pretty close to the lens started to form. He could see the fine lines of her smile, her hair bouncing as she went for Eddie, shouting with a smile.

"It's horrible." She pouted once more, looking up at Eddie quickly. He could only stare deeply into her eyes, as he pursed his lips in a ghoulish matter. She laughed, shaking her head, pushing his shoulder.

Eddie quickly took her chin with his free hand, placing his lips on hers softly. They're smiles mixed together, breaking the kiss momentarily. Lorraine felt the flash of light against her closed eyes, opening them quickly and shooting her head up. There was the camera, spouting out the photo that Eddie had just taken.

"I think that one will do." He smiled, whispering, as he lowered the camera and grabbed the photo in his hand. He waited for the photo to develop, but it seemed to have been a faulty polaroid. The image stood there, white and blank. He furrowed his brows and shook it, angrily.

"God damnit, I wanted it to be a good one." He huffed, raising his eyes to Lorraine.

Her eyes were empty. Two dark holes filled its place. A thick ooze of blood dripped violently from the corners of her eyes, flowing down her cheeks, as other rivers of red began to fall from her mouth and nostrils. Eddie's breath was caught in his throat, his heart stopped in that exact moment. Lorraine motioned for her neck, like she was unable to breathe, or unable to scream.

"Eddie!" A raspy voice that sounded like Lorraine's echoed, it was as if she had screamed as hard as she could. Although she was right in front of her, her voice sounded soft and misplaced.

"Eddie, help me!" She screamed again, Eddie backing up into the wall as he was shocked. "Eddie, please!"

She began to rip the skin of her throat with her nails, like she was digging for a voice that wasn't there anymore. Eddie could only shake his head as he slammed himself against the wall, slowly sliding down to the floor.

Lorraine got closer, her skin almost falling off her bones as she kept screaming out his name. Her mouth wide open, slowly moving, but her words were fast paced and desperate. She was dying in front of him, and he couldn't do anything about it.