Chapter Eight

When Shawn first woke, he was confused to find he was wrapped tightly in something soft and fluffy. His brows knitted and a groan fell from him as he rolled over, studying the room. He spotted Leo sitting in a chair right next to the bed, his hand laying limp not far from where Shawn's head had been.

Shawn frowned the slightest bit and carefully removed himself from the bed, finding it even weirder that he was circled by covers. He gave a small shake of the head, tugging on a pair of pants before he went to use the bathroom. After washing his hands, he made his way to the kitchen and began to go through Leo's fridge. He pulled out the male's eggs and sausage, studying them before he clicked his tongue. Why was he even considering cooking breakfast for the male?

Yet he could not help but remember how wonderful he had been the other night. His eyes fluttered closed, remembering the several lashes on his body. Lashes which he could still see the marks from. Besides, he was hungry anyways. He wanted to cook for himself, it didn't matter of Leo got his leftovers.

With that single reminder, he sniffed and began to cook the eggs and sausage. He scooped each onto two separate plates before he toasted bread as well, buttering it and placing it beside the eggs. It was odd trying to service another, but he just kept reminding himself that these were only his leftovers. It was not as though he were trying to please Leo.

He startled at a touch on his waist, quickly turning to see Leo. He blinked a few times, first realizing the male was shirtless and then realizing he was dripping water the slightest bit.

"How do you feel?" Leo asked lowly. The question startled Shawn and he hesitated before giving a small shrug.

"Hungry." Was his simple response as he moved to sit down. Though he paused for a brief moment, his eyes flickering to Leo as he picked his fork up.
"How do you feel?" He decided to ask in return.

"Refreshed." Leo gave a quiet chuckle and sat down, grabbing his own silverware.
"You cooked for us?"

"I cooked for me. I just so happened to accidently make too much." Shawn mumbled as he watched the male. He debated just digging into his food, yet he knew that was not what a submissive would do; he enjoyed when Victor asked permission.
"Can I eat?"

The words were odd on his lips yet had Leo smirking. Shawn quickly realized it had been the right thing to say as Leo gave a small wave of his hand to the plate. He watched, seeming intrigued as Shawn took his first bite. He looked like someone watching a stray cat eat for the first time, allowing the smallest bit of trust in a new person.

Shawn ate in silence, well aware of Leo's eyes on him as he ate his own food.

"You have done well the last few days, Shawn. I think you have earned a reward." Leo spoke absently as he ate his food, finishing his plate.

"Is that so?" Shawn's brows pinched together in confusion. Leo had punished him only just the other day, and he could not help pointing that out.
"You punished me just yesterday."

"I did. You were rude and intentionally being a dick, which is unacceptable. And normally, I would make you wallow in that punishment. However, I am not stupid-"

"Sure seems like it." At the mumbled words, Leo shot him a sharp glare that made Shawn quickly glance away.

"Watch it. As I was saying, I am not stupid. You have clearly been working hard to make an effort at being better, even if you feel the need to test your limits. I have already put a stamp on your chart-"

"That chart is stupid." Shawn mumbled the words, though he seemed completely serious. This time, Leo did not scold him, simply studying him.

"The chart allows me to see when I have had to punish you and when I have rewarded you. It will allow you to track your progress." Leo explained calmly. Shawn seemed to sulk at his words but nodded.
"Now, if you would stop interrupting me," Leo gave him a pointed look to which Shawn slouched in the chair.