Chapter Nine

Shawn's head tilted the slightest bit as Leo's lips pressed to his head in a light, gentle gesture.
"I will be back, doll. Just rest and take it easy."

The words were soft and soothing, and Shawn gave a small nod. Leo stepped back, studying him briefly.
"I am fine." Shawn mumbled.

"Call me. If you need anything, call me." Leo murmured to him before he moved to get on his bike. Shawn simply watched him, his jaw clenched once Leo had left, he made his way inside the house with a heavy sigh. His house was a hot mess. The beer cans were still littered around the house, though he was thankful the dishes had been done. He sighed and slowly began to clean up the old beer cans, throwing them into the trash. After, he made his way to the fridge and opened it to clean.

The sight of all the unopened beer cans was a tempting one. He could just...relax with just a few. There would be no concern over Victor anymore or what he thought of him. Yet the thought of Leo's disappointed face-

He cursed himself for the thought and grabbed a beer. After opening it, he took a sip before making his way to Victor's room. There was still a hole there from where he had punched the door upon Victor's leaving.

"Dammit, Victor." He whispered before he chugged the beer quickly. One. Just one. He had to remember what Leo had said. One beer was okay, he just needed to avoid getting shit faced. Though with that logic, was there any harm in having another one?

With a frustrated groan, he sat down on the bed and dropped his hands into his head. This was not something he could do; he was not strong enough to clean Victor's room without drinking enough to push the pain away. However, the idea of Leo's disappointment stung, and he did not want that.

'Call me. If you need anything, call me.' That was what Leo had said. Certainly, the male had realized this would be difficult for him. His jaw clenched and he pulled his phone out, scrolling through the contacts.

'My Master ⛓️'

He let out a weak chuckle at the name in his contacts; he had not bothered to change it despite his annoyance. After a hesitation, his eyes flickered to the empty beer can he had sat on Victor's bedside before he dialed Leo. There was the sound of the phone ringing and Shawn bit his lip. The male had to have made his way to work by now.

"Hello?" The voice on the other end was low and Shawn could hear the music of the club. He hesitated in speaking.
"What is it, doll?"

"I-I drank a beer." He decided to get that out if the way first. If Leo was going to be angry, it would be better he do it now.

"Just one?" Leo's voice was, shockingly, not angry. However, it was lower than before and Shawn swallowed, nodding.

"Just one...but I want another one."

"Do you want to get drunk?" Leo's voice was oddly gentle, and he paused before shaking his head.

"I just don't want to keep feeling this...this guilt." He whispered into the phone. He glanced around Victor's room which still held a few things of the male's. He had got most things when he was with Cade, but there was still some that needed to be cleaned out.

"I know. It isn't going to be easy. But you cannot just drink it away. It will come back, and worse, when you get sober again." Leo pointed out.
"Shawn, I know this is hard. And I am glad you called me to avoid continuing to drink. I will be by to pick you up after my shift so just take some deep breaths."

"Okay." Shawn whispered softly. Leo gave a soft goodbye before he hung up the phone. Shawn stared down at it, cursing before he began to clean quickly. Just resist the temptation, he told himself. There was no need for the alcohol. It would not fix what he had done. He cleaned Victor's room silently, gathering boxes where he carefully packed things away. After some time, he found himself back at the fridge. This time, he grabbed two beers to join him as he sat on the floor. He let out a low hum as he packed away Victor's items. There was a clear carefulness to his touch; he did not want to break Victor's things.