Chapter Twenty-Six

(I can't wait to see what you guys think at the end!)

Shawn discovered that he despised sitting in a waiting room rather quickly. They were a few minutes early, and he found himself fiddling with different things. He played with the magazines, then his phone, then Leo's pants. Now, he found himself toying with each of Leo's fingers. He spread them, pressed them back together, spread them again, and then put one in his mouth to bite on it.

"What are you doing?" Leo mused, not looking up from where he was scrolling on his phone with his free hand.

"I'm bored." Shawn groaned quietly, his eyes flickering around the waiting room before he looked to Leo.
"And I am hungry."

"Hungry?" Leo sounded amused now, raising a brow at him.
"You just ate some soup."

"And?" Shawn raised a challenging eyebrow.
"Are you calling me fat? Trying to tell me what I can and can't - " He cut himself off, frowning as he stared at Leo. Leo grew concerned at his sudden cut-off, closing his phone to give him his full attention.

"Shawn,"

"Ah, sorry. I just... got distracted." Shawn shook his head and offered him a small smile. There was no denying that the situation felt familiar. Except he had been the one controlling what somebody ate. Like Victor with his cookies and how he said he didn't need them, or he would get fat.

Leo studied him for a moment before he gripped his chin, pulling him into a soft kiss.
"We can get you something to eat after your appointment. Did you want something sweet or a meal?"

"Cookies." Shawn whispered a single word quietly, and Leo gave an easy nod, pressing a kiss to the top of his head.

"Cookies it is." Leo murmured, lacing his fingers with his. He pulled Shawn to his side, resuming watching videos on his phone as Shawn chewed on his fingers anxiously, his teeth nibbling carefully on the skin. It was not long before his name was called, and Shawn stood, squeezing Leo's hand firmly.
"I will be here when you get done."

The words were a soft reassurance, and Shawn nodded, disappearing into Jessie's office where she offered him a smile.
"It has been a while, Shawn." She commented lowly, and he cleared his throat, nodding as he dropped down onto the couch. His eyes briefly flickered around the room before he raised an eyebrow.

"You rearranged." He commented softly, and she laughed, giving an easy nod.

"Indeed, I have. What do you think of it?" She questioned, her eyes studying him closely. It had Shawn clearing his throat, shrugging the tiniest bit.

"I am not really a house decorating person." He explained lowly to her, and she offered an easy nod.

"So, care to discuss where you have been?" She questioned, her brows knitting together as she adjusted how she was sitting, holding the clipboard on her lap.

"Prison." The word came out blunter than Shawn intended, and he cleared his throat, glancing away.

"Really? You got out recently?"

"I...um...I have been out for a lil bit. I had something happen that made coming back difficult." He explained, and she gave a slow nod.

"Prison... how did it treat you? You seem to be okay for the most part." She commented, checking him over once more as though to ensure she did not see any injuries on him.

"It was... as decent as you could expect. My cellmate was decent, an older guy who looked out for me. I didn't need to trade any awkward favors if that's what you are asking." He sniffed, glancing away.
"Do you have something I can do? Just to... entertain myself?"