without me [ ❦ ]

With a sigh, he shakes his head and opens his arms to you. You waste no time in stepping into his embrace and Luca suppresses a grin as you hastily wrap your arms around his waist and pull him into you. He wraps one arm around your shoulders, and the other goes to your head and strokes your hair gently as you sink into him.

Leaning down, Luca presses a soft kiss to your forehead. He lingers there, with his lips on your skin for a few seconds longer than he normally would, but neither of you make any attempt to separate. A light blush dusts his cheeks at the closeness. The weight of his arm across your shoulders is comforting and you find yourself leaning into him, closing your eyes and letting yourself relax into his touch.

Luca draws away after a moment. He turns his face, and presses his cheek to your forehead as he rubs your back soothingly. Exhaling deeply, he squeezes you tight against him as you tuck your head under his chin and nuzzle into him.

"What would you do without me, hm?" You ask, your voice muffled as you press your face into his chest. You squeeze him tightly against you, relishing in the little sigh he lets out and smiling up at him.

"Honestly?" He says with a grin, looking down at you with loving eyes as he presses a soft kiss to the crown of your head. "I hope I never have to find out, baby."