Rejection before confession ( grumbo )

º•Grian POV•º

i looked at myself in the mirror while scar brushed my hair. i wore a velvet suit ( that scar somehow had, do not question the wizard. ) and i held a bouquet of bright red roses.

today was big.

after a few years and months of being nervous about it, i was going to tell mumbo that i loved him.

before this, i was quiet about it, i had no idea why i felt the way i did when i was around him, mostly because i couldn't tell friendship from love. cause i was an idiot.

i couldn't help but notice how bright everything looked, like my base looked brighter and more colorful than usual. ' even the universe is excited? '

i was quiet while i was getting ready, unfortunately, scar wasn't.

" why didn't you tell me earlier? i would've loved to do this on valentines! " scar asked me " and also, we're like, in the middle of a war? "

" i was nervous. and also i wasn't about to ask the others! " i exclaimed " don't even with ren. "

" well if you told me earlier i would've had more time to make the place! speaking about the place, me and bdubs almost got into a fist fight! "

" What? "

" yeah! " he continued " i was planning this with bdubs and he thought this was for me and him and he got real excited, but when i told him it w as for you he got mad at me because he thought we were like, going on a date or something! "

" i knew bdubs was jealous but dang " i chuckled, bdubs is short, and full of jealousy and anger.

i fell silent while scar talked, i chuckled at scar mostly talking about bdubs. i wish my love life would be like that.

speaking of love life. . .how would i know this would work out? what if mumbo rejects me? what if our friendship gets torn because of this? " Scar,, how do you know this'll work out? "

he stopped talking, " what do you mean by that? " he replied, putting the brush down

i sighed before speaking " well. . .how do you know that me and mumbo can hit it off? how do you know if this'll actually work out? we've been friends for a long time and i'd rather not ruin it just because of a stupid crush. . " i rambled " i'd pick my friendship over anything. "

" grian, " he put his hands on my shoulders " you just said the answer, you've been friends for a long time. when you're friends for a long time, you'd progressively fall for eachother. and, in the situation that he doesn't like you back, you can still be friends. it would take a bit of adjustment, but if you doesn't love you back, you can still pull through. "

i smiled at scar through the mirror " thank you so much scar. "

" of course, now lets get going shall we? "

~~~~~~~~

After a long journey, i landed beside scar in front of the gate. " I know its not much. . . " scar said, scratching his neck " but i only had 3 hours and i didn't have some materials! "

" not much?! This is amazing! Chobblesome even! " i marvelled at the decoration " this is like, overkill for a love confession! "

He chuckled " thanks i guess, wanna go in? "

" of course! "

Scar pushed the gates open and went in, i followed behind him. I marvelled at everything as soon as we entered

The lanterns were bright and beautiful, the grass was green, the night sky blended perfectly with the landscaping

It was wonderful.

" this only took 3 hours? " i questioned him in astonishment, still admiring everything. " yep! Do you like it? Took a bit of brainstorming " scar answered

" I absolutely love this! Its way too extreme for a love confession though " scar chuckled at my response " well, bdubs did think it was for me and him. . .so there is a bit of personalization "

" you two aren't even married, and you're already fighting like an old couple? I wish my love life was like that " i felt scar's embarrassment in the silence that followed. I didn't really mind that, as i was still busy looking and admiring everything.

As we walked, i saw a tree with LED lights tangled in the leaves " oh, is this where i'll. . .ya know? " i asked scar, as we approached the tree

" yeah, that is the one with the least amount of effort " he chuckled. " still pretty cute though " i added

I looked up at the LED lights tangled in the leaves as i stood under the tree " so are you gonna leave? " he scoffed at my question, " of course not! Bdubs didn't make these bushes for nothing " he replied, going behind one of the bushes

I giggled before i shifted my focus back to in front of me

And i was about to start waiting before,

·⁌ding!⁍·

" oH My gOsh! " scar squealed, the sound of my communicator going off startled me and scar. after a few seconds of silence, we both started laughing " you sounded so scared and stupid! " i teased, pulling my communicator out my pocket

" h-hush! you didn't hear that! " he hissed in embarrassment.

i chuckled at him before i looked at the message i got.

MumboJumbo : hey grian!
MumboJumbo : i know i promised to meet up with you but, iskall asked me on an unexpected date tonight. so sorry! 

my body got stiff as i finished reading. ' what? ' the color of everything started to get dull. the happiness and loving aura started to fade, getting replaced with an aura of sadness and grief.

 " grian? " scar called out, probably realising how stiff i got, but i. . .i was lost. i was lost to the point where i couldn't bother to respond.

i started to feel sick and nauseas. i felt like passing out. tears welled up in my eyes as i started piecing everything together

how could i had not realised? how could i have not put the two pieces together? how could i have not realised that mumbo and iskall were inlove? how did i miss that? how could i have not known? how could i have not known that. .

i was already rejected?

" grian? grian are you okay? grian what happened? " scar called out while he got out the bush, this time louder and more worrysome. 

" i- i- i. . . " i choked out as i fell to my knees

" i-  just- got rejected- before i ev-en con-fessed. . "

I bet you were wondering why there wasn't a note, huh? well, here it is.

im so sorry- i promised to serve happy bubble tea next week!

i won't always serve depression i swear! 

words : 1,134