Chapter Thirty-Six

3 Months Later

Brant's POV

I finished up feeding the last horse when I heard the speakers kick on in the barn and started playing a slow country song. I smiled to myself and made a v line for the barn office where Jess was standing by the radio taking a swig from a glass of wine. She had a mischievous smile on her face. She was wearing a beautiful floor length sun dress with little sunflowers all over it.  

That look on her face made me want to rip the dress off of her. I made my way over to her and grabbed her behind the neck, kissing her passionately while also snatching the glass of wine from her other hand and placing it ontop the radio stand. I scooped her up in one swift motion and she let out a squeal. I could taste the wine on her tongue as I carried her over to the small round dining table on the side of the room. I wasn't going to be able to make it the house with her this time. I needed her, now.

I plopped her down onto the table top and positioned myself between her spread her legs. I hurriedly unbuckled my belt and jeans and reached between her legs. To my pleasant surprise she wasn't wearing any panties. I groaned as I brushed my hand over her core and felt how drenched she was already for me. Jess moaned in response to my touch and I couldn't take it anymore. I needed to be buried inside of her NOW.

Before I could get myself inside of her my phone started going off. I ignored it as Jess leaned up towards my lips, begging to be kissed again. She combed her fingers through my hair as I tasted every inch of her mouth again. I would never get enough of her. My phone started up again. I sighed in frustration and paused to fish it out of my pocket to see who was calling. Chase.

Man, that kid knew how to ruin a moment. But he never called twice in a row unless it was important.

"One second, baby. It's Chase. Just wanna make sure he's okay.

"Chase, what's up?" I put the phone on speaker so Jess could hear.

"Hey man, I need you to come pull me out of a mud pit."

I sighed in frustration. "Where are you?"

"Back Pine Log Road."

"Alright, I'll be there in a few. Leaving now."

I hung up before Chase could respond. And looked at Jess disappointedly.

"It's okay. We can finish where we left off when you come back, she said softly with a wink."

"You wanna come with me, or wait here?"

"I think I'll wait here, maybe finish that wine bottle off..."

"Mmmm, baby. You're making it hard to leave you. I'll be back as soon as I can. Won't take long to get him pulled out with the diesel." I zipped and rebuckled my pants, giving Jess one more kiss before heading for my truck.

"Love ya." I heard Jess say softly before I made it through the threshold. I stopped and immediately hustled back over to her, kissing her deeply a few more times. "I love you too, baby. I'll be back for you."

She smiled seductively and I forced myself out of the barn before I changed my mind.

Jess's POV

I was on my 3rd glass of wine before I heard a car door slam shut. I smiled to myself and finished off my glass as footsteps approached the barn.

"Took you long enough, cowboy..."

When I didn't get an immediate response, I turned around to find Cole in the threshold leading outside.

"Cole...what the hell are you doing here?"