[19]

“Please tell me what you know, What is Y/N doing in my dreams?” Kazuha said almost desperately, The woman, as well as Yae Miko, stared at the man. The woman was laying on the hospital bed completely unconscious.

“You may hate me if you knew the truth, or better yet resent yourself. Do you still want to know the truth?” Kazuha didn't care, he needed to know.

“The tales go The lonesome Kitsune. Long ago there was a kitsune living in the land that now is gone called Teyvat, She was a beautiful Kitsune living with her sister another kitsune but has the Title of a Guuji, they are both loyal to one God, As legend has it Kitsune has nine tails— representing the number of their lives.”

“The Kitsune soon met a Demi-God, this Demi-God appreciates the beauty of music and arts, The Kitsune and Demi-God talked and bond with each other eventually they had a mutual feeling on each other so they became lovers, That was the first plane of their lives; But A sudden tragic incident happened The Lone Demi-God was killed on the Archon War years ago leaving his lover the Kitsune alone, Depressed by the sudden death of his lover the Kitsune wandered alone leaving the mortal world and placed her consciousness in a lone abandoned sword.

Eventually, the Demi God's soul reincarnated being an heir of the clan of bladesmiths, as he held that blade of where The Kitsune was, he was greeted by a beautiful maiden. The man knew that he fell in love at that very moment; The Kitsune sensed that It was indeed her lover's soul yet she felt sad that he couldn't remember her but still she stayed by his side as a loyal sword for him however in this second plane of life; they did not become lovers the man has fears the man died on a war leaving the Kitsune all alone again. And that's how their second plane ended.

The third plane started years later; The Kitsune disguised herself as a normal human being living a good life although she couldn't still move on from her lover she lived well— Suddenly she encountered a familiar man she sensed her lover's soul from a wise scholar who visited their village. This time the kitsune tried her hardest to affiliate herself with him again, they became lovers and the Kitsune thought it was happy life that they finally got together again however; Seems like fate didn't allow them together, The scholar died out his academy was burned and he wasn't able to get out, eventually, the kitsune felt her whole world was getting crushed again and that's how the tragic third plane of their story ended.

As the fourth plane started, The Kitsune met her lover's soul in a palace— He was reincarnated as a prince, and she was more than a mere Kitsune. So she couldn't get close to him, she turned herself into a form of a child that worked in a palace, As she worked there she caught the attention of the prince they would often chat together and play together the prince knew he had feelings for the commoner and tried his hardest to claim the throne to marry the person he loves he must seize the throne itself yet.. he was killed by underhand methods by his sibling, The kitsune knew this and was heavily depressed as she hugged her lover's cold body eventually burning the whole palace down to ashes to her rage. That was the end of the fourth plane of their story.

The fifth plane of their lives began, and the Kitsune disguised herself as a normal human being, This time she had already convinced herself that If ever her lover appeared before her again she would walk away for his safety. The man was reincarnated as a noble in a famous clan he soon met the mysterious woman intrigued by her behavior the man's interest reached its peak and started following the kitsune everywhere; Just as the kitsune tried so hard to stay away from his sight he too, tried his hardest to get the woman's attention. Eventually, he died while protecting the Kitsune.. and that's how the fifth plane of their story came to an end.

The sixth and seventh planes started and ended all horribly. Their eight planes started with the man reincarnated as a noble again the kitsune came back to her duties as a shrine maiden with her sister and then they met at the shrine again no matter how hard she tries to get away fate only seems to grow them closer and closer; This time the kitsune tried to drove her lover away by loving someone who wasn't him— In result..”

Kazuha's mind started to hurt. As he recalled something.

“Maybe In another life, I'll chase you first.”

“The man died wandering alone while the Kitsune broke up with her so-called lover and disappeared out of sight; when she knew her lover died again she had enough.”

Vita, the woman speaking held Kazuha's hand transferring a vivid memory of hers for Kazuha to look at.

“I can't do this anymore, Please Vita! The God Of Life please..” She said crying as she was on her knees, “It is a fate no matter how you wanted it to look it will always be the same. You and Kazuha aren't meant together Y/N.”

You shook your head, tears flowing right in your eyes. “Seeing him die for the eight times was my last straw, Please Vita! I beg of you please save my lover in his next life!”

“I can sacrifice my lifespan for him!”  The God Vita's eyes widened. “That means you'll lose your ability! Miko wouldn't allow it, never!” You were still determined. “I know what I am doing, please..”

“You and your lover will be reincarnated in the new modern world. As you have sacrificed your lifespan you are now a mortal as a price to pay your memories shall be erased and as a burden to carry your lover shall remember your past lives.”

You nodded, “That is fine for me as well, I can just disappear from his sight for his safety.”

“Then as you wish.”

Kazuha was silent when he finished watching the memory, “That's right, the person that the Kitsune loved is none other than you, Kaedehara Kazuha. You two were like the sun and moon lovers but can't be together, And I am Vita the God of Life and Destiny.”

“After Y/N sacrificed herself,  she lost her remaining tails which is the reason why she's a mortal now, and Yae sacrificed two tails for the both of you to be reincarnated again instead of waiting for another decade.”

Kazuha stared at your sleeping figure. Tears started to form in his eyes. Miko patted Vita's shoulder signaling her that they should go out for the couple's privacy. Which Vita obeyed.

“Why did you sacrifice so much from me..” Kazuha said as he held your hand.