✗ three ✗

⚊ chapter three

The fact that I thought I wouldn't be ready to properly interact with these people was more justified the longer I stayed seated at their table.

When I took the offered space between Jungwon and this boy named Dongpyo, my first reaction was to freeze up and then stop breathing as Minji practically manhandled him to leave the seat in exchange for her taking it. Great start, right?

Nothing says "welcome" like an impromptu wrestling match over a chair.

I slowly looked around at their other friends, who seemed accustomed to the chaos, save for the tallest boy among us, who was whining about it repeatedly to Sunoo. They were like a herd of cats - cute but chaotic.

It was nice, though. I can say they're a bit messy but nonetheless nice. I sat up properly, taking in their playful banter until it hit me. Nasan yung bag ko? I stood up immediately, only to be startled by a voice that said, "You looking for this, newbie?"

[ Where is my bag? - translation ]

I spun around to the person sitting across from me, feeling small in the presence of new people. Rei chuckled, waving my small bag in her hand. My precious leather bag, designed to look like a cat with stenciled whiskers on the front pocket. It was my favorite because it reminded me of Mingming and her seven kittens.

Rei looked like she stepped out of an anime, with full bangs and long hair. She was both pretty and cute at the same time.

"Woah, woah," said the guy next to her, who also had a cat-like vibe. "She's not stealing it, newbie. Just finding it cute to see such a small bag."

Everyone here seemed to have a bit of a cat resemblance. Especially the one beside me, I thought, still not exactly over the fact that they invited me here. I stood awkwardly before a hand gently pulled me back to sit down.

"So who are you guys?" I asked after contemplating if I should speak up or not.

The way I worded it sounded a bit rude. Is it just me, or am I overthinking things as usual? It's one of my usual problems when it comes to socializing.

Minji looked at me once again and said, "I'm Park Minji, who they pitifully gave the nickname of Minmin. Don't call me that unless you're willing to put up with how I would think it means we're already close."

She looked back down at her phone, making her look uninterested in the conversation.

Oh well, not too surprised there. I looked down at the plate being pushed toward me and saw macarons shaped like a fox. The hand passing it to me belonged to the girl beside Sunoo, who smiled at me in a very friendly way.

"Kiara here. Don't mind Minmin. Just busy messing with her cousin at the moment. By the way, I made it," she told me, nodding to the macarons again for me to eat.

"You should really try it. It's one of the best things she gave to my brother while she's courting him," another girl said, and my eyes zoomed in on her.

I couldn't help but switch back and forth between her and Sunoo. They resembled each other a lot - from their eyes to the shape of their cheeks, especially when they both smiled at me at the same time. They were clearly siblings, and beautiful ones at that.

I opened my mouth to ask if they happened to be twins, but I was quickly cut off by someone else's voice.

"MONKEY! I SWEAR TO GOD, IF YOU DON'T STOP MESSING WITH MY INSTAGRAM, I WILL KILL YOU!" a voice called out beside me, most likely pissed off with the tone of her voice.