✗ eleven ✗

chapter eleven

As the day drags on, I find myself caught in a whirlwind of classes and Sunoo's incessant chatter about Sunghoon's latest antics.

As Sunoo spins his tales of Sunghoon's romantic misadventures, I can't help but roll my eyes at the sheer absurdity of it all. I mean, who in their right mind goes to the vet just to catch a glimpse of their crush?

It's like something straight out of a cheesy K-drama.

But of course, Sunoo is eating it all up with a spoon, his eyes practically sparkling with excitement.

"Jungwon, you won't believe what Sunghoon did this time!" he exclaims, leaning in like he's about to spill the juiciest gossip.

I humor him with a chuckle, playing along as he launches into his dramatic retelling of Sunghoon's latest escapade.

"Classic Sunghoon move," I reply with a smirk, knowing full well that Sunghoon's antics are anything but ordinary.

Sunoo continues, undeterred by my sarcasm. "But seriously, can you imagine being that in love with someone? It's like he's living in a fairy tale or something."

I raise an eyebrow, unable to resist poking fun at Sunoo's romantic notions. "More like a nightmare, if you ask me. I mean, have you seen the way he acts around her? It's like he's been struck by lightning."

Sunoo nods eagerly, clearly enjoying the chance to gossip about our friend's love life. "Oh, definitely. He turns into a total mess whenever she's around. It's kind of adorable, actually."

I can't help but snort at the thought. "Adorable? More like pathetic."

Sunoo shrugs, undeterred by my cynicism. "Hey, don't be so harsh. We've all been there, right? I mean, who hasn't made a fool of themselves in the name of love?"

I can't argue with that logic, begrudgingly admitting, "Yeah, I guess you're right."

Sunoo grins triumphantly, sensing that he's won me over. "Exactly! So let's cut Sunghoon some slack. After all, he's just a hopeless romantic at heart."

I can't help but chuckle at Sunoo's earnestness, secretly grateful for his unwavering optimism. "Yeah, you're probably right. But let's just hope he doesn't end up embarrassing himself too much in the process."

Just as I think we're done with the topic, Sunoo decides to take things one step further. "Speaking of hopeless romantics," he begins, a mischievous glint in his eye, "what's the deal with you and Jillian?"

I feel a pang of annoyance at the mention of her name, but before I can snap at him to drop it, Sunoo plows ahead, oblivious to my discomfort. "I mean, you're practically in the same boat as Sunghoon. Both of you are hopeless fools in love."

I can feel my temper rising at the comparison, but I bite my tongue, refusing to let Sunoo see how much his words bother me.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I reply curtly, hoping he'll take the hint and drop the subject.

But of course, Sunoo isn't one to back down so easily. He leans in closer, a wicked grin spreading across his face. "Come on, Jungwon. Admit it. You've got it bad for her."

I can feel the heat rising to my cheeks as Sunoo continues to tease me mercilessly.

"Alright, fine," I concede with a sigh, knowing there's no use denying it. "Maybe I do have a bit of a crush on her. But that doesn't mean you have to compare me to Sunghoon."

Sunoo grins triumphantly, clearly pleased with himself for getting me to admit the truth.

"See? I knew it!" he exclaims, clapping me on the back in mock congratulations. "Now all we have to do is figure out who she is, and you'll be one step closer to your own happily ever after."