✗ fourteen ✗

⚊ chapter fourteen

Day 15: better and worse and maybe better. Sun still shines relentless on the window of my car on the way to school. My classmates were all still too foreign and the girls still somehow look more mature than me, more confident.

As if being smaller and more tan makes me younger here than where I came from.

The humiliation begins early in class. Good, I think. Bring it on. Let's get this over with. Maybe the friends I acquired was starting to rub off on me.

"Her pants is so cheap, don't you think?", Hera ask to her wonder twin, Soodam, of course in reference to my jeans.

As in my jeans that I bought from one ukay-ukay back at my home town. It is where you can buy second-handed things either from a market or a stall and even at an online shop.

But does it matter? Even if my underwear are bought from the cheapest price I could get from Shoppee, which I'm tempted to pull my jeans down so she can kiss my pwet.

[ butt ]

The anger sharpens my wit, makes me want to advance rather than to retreat but I will not engage, not when the girl who sat beside me is already blazing her eyes at them, as though one more word and you could see Park Minji snapping her sharp nails out, ready to pounce on them like a crazed cat that I can imagine.

Rei, for all the innocence in her look, is whispering towards me, "Just tell me when to start, Lian, and I will grab their crispy hair"

"Don't be shock if I say much worse to their faces", Dongpyo butted in, rolling his eyes in annoyance at those blonde girls.

The other people in their friend group wasn't in this class, so only I could see their anger for me and I don't really know if I can contain them alone if they get push more.

"I like your glasses, Rei", I say, just told it above a whisper.

Rei blinks a few times, as if a little bit stun to see I'm talking to her voluntarily and then smiles. She wore a new glasses today and just like the first time I saw her, it made her look like an anime character.

"Thanks. Nana, my friend gifted them for me from Japan and I love it", There is something in her tone, sweet but with a hint of something inviting, "You really like them?"

"Yeah, that's something out of a kid's shop from Shibuya for sure" I hear Hera and Soodam giggle in front of us, maybe because they wanted some attention again or I don't know.

It was just to their karma we have Minji with us, who from the second they braved to look at our direction, had taken an offense to what they're saying.

"Yup, don't mind her. Let her do her job", Rei smiles and gives me an ignore them look. Bitches, she mouthed.

I smile and mouth back, I know.

As I turned to watch Minji unleash her wrath upon the two girls, Hera and Soodam, a chill ran down my spine. With a ferocity that bordered on terrifying, she seized one of their bags and emptied its contents onto the floor with a force that left no room for doubt.

The sight of Hera's pack of condoms, laid bare for all to see, sent shockwaves through the room. Minji's bark cut through the stunned silence like a thunderclap, her words dripping with disdain.

"Now who's the one who's cheap, huh?" Her voice was a whip-crack of authority, each syllable laced with the weight of her judgment.

I watched in silent awe as Minji left Hera to gather her things in shame, her every movement a testament to the power she wielded within our classroom walls.