✗ eighteen ✗

chapter eighteen

Jungwon: You. Me. "Songs of Kisaeng". At the library. Friday after school?

Jillian: Sure!

Jungwon: Want something to eat something after? I know this nearest pancake shop near school

How does he make something like that question, perhaps the most friendliest ever invitation uttered, sound so casual? Do I need to ask some AI to make my words better without sounding weird?

I'm better writing than I am talking in person, but I am already close to Jungwon anyway, why am I still worrying about embarrassing myself in front of him?

When he's like what?

The most nicest guy I'd met in my new school and the one my parents already talked to, and he already stayed the night over at this house.

"This is ridiculous. This is so not big deal", I said to myself, feeling so dumb at my musings.

As I felt the softness of my cat's tail, Mingming, who was laying down above my head in the pillow we shared together. Down my stomach was her kittens all asleep, purring softly against my cotton of my shirt.

I am currently sprawled on my bed with their mother as my only companion to listen about the various stuff going through my head. She could not answer, yes, but having her clever feline eyes on me and hearing her meow from time to time, I knew she could understand me more than anyone.

That's why I love her the most, after all.

"We are just working together, Ming. He doesn't like me for sure. I certainly do not like him", I went on and on to my dear cat.

After hearing a quiet meow from her, I continue my lamentation, "Get over yourself, Lian. Grow up"

But still, being me - not wanting to be rude to Jungwon - certainly not because I'm more than excited to spend more time with him - I give him a reply.

Jillian: Good idea. I can't wait to see it..☺️

I left him on read after that for being embarrassed once again at my reply before going to see Shaira's message to me.

Shaira: School's boring without you. I had to sit with Mary today and hear all about her boys. How 'bout you?

Jillian: I took your suggestions and now I have a job

Shaira: If I were there, I would join you for sure

Jillian: And meet my new friends here? It would be great

Shaira: Just don't like that Minji better than me

Jillian: We'll see

Shaira: And how's your parents?

Jillian: No idea. Probably thinking their job everyday is an adventure

Shaira: Miguel Toledo wants me to take to prom

Jillian: What? Took you long enough to tell me. And what did you do?

Shaira: Guess?

Jillian: How'd he ask?

Shaira: Text. But cute text. You know how he is. Shy and cute and tolerable

Jillian: I bet you'll be having a love life soon

Shaira: I'll let you know but for now we're at a talking stage

Jillian: Will you wait for 3 months again before thinking if he's okay for a boyfriend?