Chapter 17

PRAKRUTHI

'Ummm Sssir!!! Actually we were...I mean we were looking into the K-Shot synopsis report mailed by Kripa Mam...and discussing about the pro' Dharam tried to explain but was quickly interrupted by my new beast boss raising an eyebrow

'With a bowl full of instant noodles that too in your workspace??? Sitting next to a laptop on day one??? Didn't anyone tell you both that these are your office laptops and this is your workspace area and NO you CANNOT bring any kind of food items in the area where you work especially near your work laptop? That's not just the company rules and regulations but also common sense which I think some people absolutely lack here!!!' he asked sarcastically looking at me with a smirk.

This comes from the workoholic jerk that he is who literally was eating a bowl full of that Mexican rice thingy while still rolling on his bed and stuffing his mouth full of it while his fingers were murdering his laptop last night!!!

Such a pathetic liar of a CEO!!! Huhhh!!!

'Ummm we...we are sorry Sir! We weren't aware and Prakruthi was very hungry' Amit tried to cover up while he chuckled saying

'Ofcourse ofcourse!!! I'm sure Miss Kamath must have starved at lunch...no wonder she dozed off due to hunger and weakness in the meeting room...right Miss Kamath???' he asked looking straight into my eyes. And now I was determined to add not just Fanta but also Coke, Pepsi infact all possible cold drinks into the maggi I'm going to make him eat with a Gulab Jamun Lassi...I'm going to give him diarrhea as a return gift to his verbal diarrhea.

Jerk!!!

But here he was my boss and I was his intern. I had to simply... behave!!!

'I am...sorry Sir!!! I will make sure to follow the office decorums everywhere henceforth!!!' I said looking into his eyes and he simply stared at me like a ravenbird.

Tatya Vichu!!!

He nodded and walked away, post which Dharam said
'Phewww!!! Come Prakruthi let's go to the pantry...we can eat there!!!'

I had completely lost my appetite to eat but then it was maggi and there is nothing better than plain maggi in this world. I took the bowl in my hand and was walking with him when suddenly Shankar Sir called Dharam asking him to meet him as he wanted to give him details about the task assignment for him. And Dharam had to go but he asked Amit to accompany me. Although Amit didn't like me much he agreed to tag along as even he wanted a cup of coffee for himself but suddenly Kripa Mam came to his desk and started talking to him about the synopsis and the model type they were using to build the software and I was left all alone to simply walk all by myself to the pantry.

I started walking with the bowl full of maggi towards the pantry. Although Dharam ate a few spoons and I hate sharing my maggi with others I still was happy that I would get to eat it but unfortunately I did not notice and I crashed into something hard.

I noticed I had splashed the maggi against someone and I looked up and I was left shocked. My lips parted and I felt my throat dried up.

'Prakruthi??? Prakruthi Kamath???' and I felt like my throat almost dried up. I did not have anything to say right now.

'Kkkkar...Karthik??? Karthik Shet...Shetty???' and I did not know what was more shocking.

Me splashing the maggi bowl on his shirt or me meeting him after a big 5 years.

Fuckkkkk!!!

'Hi... what a surprise...what are you doing here?' he asked and I didn't know what to say...

I did not expect him here. I did not want to see him. I cannot see him. He is someone whom I don't have the guts to face even today.

'I....I...I....' I was practically speechless. This is what always happened when I would meet him after that incident. I was dumb then but then I had called it upon myself. I couldn't face him. I avoided him everytime. I changed my tuitions, I even quit going to my Carnatic singing classes because I did not want to face him after that embarrassing incident but destiny always brought me infront of him every single time.