Chapter 39

PRAKRUTHI

'Here!!! Your coffee...more sugar...more coffee...more milk!!!' saying Kedar kept the mug in my hand.

'You have a beautiful vegetable garden. I didn't know you like gardening so much!!!' I said looking at the little cherry tomatoes on the plants which looked pleasant to me.

'I only water them. Mom has them grown on all our balconies. Mom says plants are like our babies, they bring responsibility to you. Someday when we go back to our home in the US you are going to absolutely adore our bedroom. That has an even more flourishing vegetable garden' saying he sipped onto his mug touching the freshly ripened cherry tomatoes dearly. But all my mind could register was 'Our' bedroom.

And he smirked saying 'Dont worry!!! You can use our bedroom for yourself and I will use the spare bedroom...Don't misunderstand. That's also your home Prakruthi!!!' he said and a soft smile adored my lips but suddenly a hundred questions arose in my head about Isabella.

'She works for the Grace Studio. She infact is the team who will be leading the team of investors coming to review our proposal. If this clicks then we have a vast market to begin with in The US and Spain. I didn't know it either that she works for Grace Studio now. When I saw her at the police station even I was left speechless. I didn't want to wake you up at this odd hour and knowing how mom was she would definitely thrash me for bringing Bella home. She and Neil hate her to the core. That's why I made her stay here. Couldn't let her stay at a hotel in such a vulnerable situation. Tomorrow post Gurbini Kappada (baby shower) we will go back to Bangalore. She will shift to a star hotel. She cannot live in a house like ours.' he said and I hummed without arguing a word.

It's just the matter of one night.

'How could you let her stay Prakruthi? Didn't Kedar tell you about that money minded woman? She is toxic to even be around us Prakruthi.' Pattu said and I continued ironing the saree I was going to wear tomorrow at the function when Mukta Vanni sat next to me and asked

'Prakruthi! Look if she is Kedar's past then she should know where she must be...anywhere but his house! Specially when you are here!!! I want you to go back to that bungalow and stay there tonight!!!' and I quickly hung the saree onto the hanger saying

'Vanni it's late in the night! Kedar must have slept and so would that bi....bit annoying lady! I think you all must also go to bed. Pattu specially you..it's a long day tomorrow for you!!!' I said when Pattu and Mukta Vanni both folded their hands against their chest and I gulped.

'Ummmm!!! Good...Good morning Kedar!!!' I said still standing at the door when he stood infront of me in his messed up hair and yawned looking at the watch.

'Its 4 am Prakruthi!!!' he said and I cleared my throat and smiled hesitantly.

'Why are you here? That too with your luggage at this hour?' and I knew this was the most lame reason but I said it

'Ummm actually Pattu vomited on her bed so I volunteered to give her my room so she could sleep peacefully. There were no other rooms available to sleep and Mukta Vanni told me that I shouldn't sleep in living room when guests would arrive early morning so .....' I said hesitantly and he nodded.

Phewwww!!! That worked.

'Ummmm this bungalow has 5 rooms. 4 furnished and 1 unfurnished. I took my room, Bella is in the room opposite to mine on first floor. Neil's room is on 2nd floor and mom stays on ground floor. You could take mom's room as I don't think you'll be comfy in Neil's!!!' and I nodded.