Chapter 26

PRAKRUTHI

I hesitantly walked behind him into the meeting room which suddenly went silent seeing him.

The return of Tatya Vichu!!! Phewww!!!

He glared at everyone and instead of taking a corner seat this time he stood infront of his employees and announced

'I have things to discuss with our new interns Shankar-Kripa...would you mind if I-'

'Ofcourse not Sir!!! Please go ahead!!!' Kripa Mam said. But he glared at me and I nervously settled down in another corner to which he raised an eyebrow and announced

'Miss Prakruthi... please take a seat next to me!!! Here!!! Right here!!!' and I felt like my breath was stuck in my throat. All the eyes were now on me and I really wanted to strangle this RavenBird of mine right now. He's such a....ughhhh!

'Ummm Sir ..it's fine I am comfo-'

'Everything can't go according to your comfort Miss Prakruthi...it's better you follow my terms and conditions because here I'm your boss!!!' he said in his rough demanding voice which I don't know why sounded really hot to me such that I slightly bit my lower lip and nodded my head and walked towards him.

But that's exactly when the meeting room door swung open and I was shocked to see the man standing there now.

'Mister Karthik Shetty...I was waiting for you! Please come in...' saying he pulled a seat infront of him which was exactly next to me and I was shocked.

After I told him all of that he wants Karthik to sit next to me. I tried to get up but he calmly said...

'Please make your self comfortable Mr Karthik. I have things to be discussed with your mentees. Do you mind?' I asked and he simply nodded saying 'They are your employees first Mr Nayak. Please... go ahead!!!' and I smirked.

'I know you folks are working on K-Shot but alongside I have decided to develop an app which would be like an SOS system.'

'SOS???' one of them asked and he smirked saying

'A distress signal conveying one tap application which could convey it to a committee that will be personally headed by me to tackle bullying and workplace harrasment in our organization!!!' I announced and everyone was shocked

'But Sir we already have a HR team to handle it!!!' Kripa Mam said and he nodded saying

'True...but how effective is it? I want something more powerful that can make it easy for anyone to reach out their seniors in situations of distress!!!' I said and then I looked at the interns and announced 'And because you folks are youngsters...college passouts...I thought atleast at some point of time each one of you might have gone through some kind of harrasment.

So today's communication session I want to hear your stories. I'm sure at some point of time one of you must have gone through some kind of harrasment. I want to know how you handled it and how we can fight against it.

Let's develop a prototype for our office first and if it goes onto be a success..we can launch it on a huge scale. The best suggestion would be allowed to head the project and that means bonus marks in your project and better chance to be absorbed by our organization!!!' he announced and suddenly I notice all my batchmates looking really pumped up. I was concerned.

KEDAR

'Sir women are continuously been put down by men saying they are not as good as men!!!' said one girl

'Sir but then even men do get harrased...the popular Omkar Nayak case from Nayak Group is an example in itself. He was been blamed of rape attempt by his colleague who tore her own clothes and tried to defame him. These kind of examples say that women alone aren't victims...men too are...it's just that no one believes them!!!' said a man who looked determined to prove his point and I nodded saying