Chapter 45

KEDAR

Her face turned pale and she looked shocked. I smiled and slowly settled down on the floor in the balcony. She kept looking at me and I tapped next to me signalling her to sit down and she slowly settled down next to me.

I pulled out my phone and went to my music library and began playing my favorite.

The Beatles!!!

In my life by The Beatles began playing on my phone and a smile adored my lips and she looked pleasantly surprised looking at me. She softly asked...

'Music??? And you???' and I chuckled saying

'They are my favorite band. Their songs gave me confidence, they unknowingly spoke my story, it's like their each song is made for me!!!' I said and my eyes wandered towards the sky. We both kept looking at the star studded beautiful night which shone bright with the bright moon tonight as I began...

'I was always the tallest child in my class. Initially it was great, I was chosen for the basketball team, I was the first choice for every sports activity but gradually it started turning out to be an obstacle. I was always made to sit in the last row, always became tree in plays and school recitals yet I was considered the cute tall kid. Everybody thought I was very cute but then puberty hit me and I started growing taller and fatter.

I couldn't understand why I would feel so hungry. I started eating food three times my normal quantity and I was always hungry. I loved everything. Veg...non veg... fried to sweets...salads to home cooked... barbecued to baked...I loved food in general and that started bringing major changes in my body.

I gained weight. A lot of weight.

Initially it didn't bother me because I was tall and mom dad thought it's fine because I was still a growing up child. A pre-teen. Slowly people around me started noticing and pointing out my weight gain. But my parents thought it's completely normal and never let any kind of insecurities enter my system but what they didn't know was there is a world outside home too and although for my family I was a cute and handsome growing up child for the world I became 'Fatso'.

Along with that name came other synonyms like dinosaur, fat cat, Indian elephant and what not!!! Hahaha...

Bullying with a combination of racism!!! I had fantastic classmates.' I said and she looked sad but I smiled and continued

'Along with time my eating habits worsened along with my looks and so did their taunts got innovative and uglier.

I had acne problems. I tried everything like a growing up kid from face creams to face packs to home remedies. Nothing worked and I couldn't stop eating. I tried but I was hungry. I didn't realise how worse was my diet until one day I was called upon by my sports teacher who told me that I wasn't good enough to continue as the basketball team captain.

My legacy of 5 years was taken away from me suddenly one day and that was the day I realised I have to start working upon my self. So...I started eating healthy food and started exercising.

I began hitting the gym when I was 15. I switched from unhealthy junk to healthy food. Homemade healthy food. My mother waa very co-operative and explained me I'm a growing up child and my body changes every other day and it's ok to have acne, pimples or marks on my face. But my college mates, kids of my age group did not understand this logic.

Why??? I don't know.

I was been put down everyday for my weight issues, I was been called names for my marks and pimples and although I wanted to work upon these problems their remarks would break my confidence every single day until I met Isabella. We were 16.