Chapter 23

KEDAR

She had curled into me like a little snow ball. I knew it the very moment when she looked uncomfortable when other interns smirked at her and gave her weird looks in the meeting room every time Karthik looked at her. I knew this was messier than it looked but I had to move away because I got a call from one of my directors and by the time I was back everything had blown out of proportion.

I did not understand anything the minute I saw tears in her eyes. I wanted to rip every person in that meeting room who was the cause of her tears but right now all that mattered was she wasn't ok and I didn't like it when she wasn't ok.

I like my smiling Prakruthi. The one in tears ignites a fire...a burn...a sting...a mad pain in my chest. I can't see her in tears.

So the minute she left I drove back home without even waiting for anyone and exactly after 15 minutes she reached there...still with those swollen red eyes.

And then those stupid neighbours of ours...I can't believe these are women themselves who want to ill treat other women! But my tigress finally gave them a taste of their own medicine.

And now here she is in my arms shedding her pain. I don't like to see her in tears but I knew the only way to make her feel better was to make her shed her exterior and here she was...my little wife.

I slowly pulled her out of my embrace and looked at her pink face...all drenched in tears. So much pain.

'I know this is the case of a broken heart...I can feel it too Prakruthi...Been there...done that...It hurts..But you know what...sharing your pain...letting out that anger...at times helps...' saying I cupped her face. It had turned hot because of her rigorous crying.

I looked into her eyes and said 'But I will still not force you baby... However you must know if you ever want to share your pain. I'm here!!!' and she looked at me with a shocked expression. I smiled and let go off her soft cheeks and said

'I am making you your favourite maggi...go freshen up...' saying I made her favorite plain maggi with cheese and placed it on her bed and went back to my room to change into my sweat pants and tshirt. We were home early and although I was making her favourite maggi today I decided to call my go-to person to make an Indian sweet.

'Hahahahaha...I love you Kedar Anna (brother)...you are epic..I mean you really have some guts hannn!!!' said Prarthana Vanni (sister in law) trying to hold her big stomach and controlling her laughter. While I was confused.

'What is so funny? I just wanted to know the recipe' and I looked at Mukta Vanni who looked pissed however tried to maintain a straight face.

'Because you are asking Jalebi Shizuka Vanni the recipe of Jalebi... hahahaha ' she burst out laughing again while I looked at Mukta Vanni who closed her eyes in frustration and said

'Your Omkar Anna named me Jalebi after marriage...ha ha ha very funny!!! We are done with the joke... now can we proceed!!!' Vanni said in total frustration and I pressed my lips and looked at her asking 'Anna really named y-'

'It was an accident okay??? And your Anna is a demon!!! Ignore him...now do you want to see how a Chetkin looks like???' she asked making her eyes grow as big as red tomatoes and I nodded a no.

'Whats a Chetkin though?' I asked curiously and I heard Prarthana Vanni still laughing and saying 'It means witch!!!!' and I smiled sweetly at Mukta Vanni saying 'You are not Vanni!!!' and in returned she gave me 'grrrrr' look.

However after sometime Vanni gave me the recipe for Jalebi however she was curious to know why I was making it, to which Prarthana Vanni smiled saying

'Wellll that's because my Pakku looooooves Jalebi...' and Mukta Vanni although cringed at it but later smirked saying
'Someones trying to impress their wifey hunnn??' and to which I smiled lightly but didn't reply anything but I don't know how she understood it strangely that at the end of making a Jalebi she asked