Chapter 48

PRAKRUTHI

'This is all that happened!!!' I huffed looking elsewhere and I heard a long 'Hmmmmm'. I thought it's because she understood what I said but instead when I saw she was moaning licking the halwa off her fingers. I slapped my forehead.

'She is pregnant Prakruthi. We can't blame her. It's ok!!! There is already too much on her plate' Mukta Vanni told me and I nodded.

She made me sit on the chair and offered me a cup of coffee. I had not slept properly after last night's incident and I wanted to share this with someone. During these situations Avanthi is my first point of contact but weirdly she wasn't picking my call which was actually surprising because our 3:30 am would be 8:00 am Australian time. However when Mukta Vanni and Pattu saw that I was worried they both made me sit down and speak my heart out.

Initially I was hesitant but later I spoke everything.

'Are you sure nothing else happened Prakruthi?' Vanni asked and I rolled my eyes saying

'Vanni nothing happened!!! It was such a happy time and then he switches to a Spanish dictionary which I don't understand. What am I supposed to do Vanni?' I asked and Vanni nodded saying

'Well then this seems to be some miscommunication. You both must talk to each other!!!' saying she kept a plate full of idli and sambar infront of me when I pouted and gave her a look

'Dont try that with me young lady! Not even my Kathani and my Anayra can do that with me. Just like they have to finish their glass of milk you have to finish these idlis and no you won't get maggi!!!' saying she walked away and I was angry.

Because then I saw my cousin eating all that's her favourite. Pregnancy has problems but also has its own benefits indeed!!! I huffed and started eating when suddenly Pattu asked

'Do you love him Pakku?' and I froze.

'Ummmm I.....Uh...I....'

'So you didn't? And then you went ahead with intimacy...I mean I'm not saying it's the wrong thing to do but at times you need to let know about your emotions to your partner Pakku. Marriage doesn't mean you get physical and produce babies in future... marriage means accepting each other whole heartedly!!!' she said munching onto the chakkuli (snack) for breakfast.

'We have accepted each other whole heartedly!!!' I argued

'Well then why do you hesitate to say you love him?' she asked and I was speechless.

To which she smiled and said 'I know you love him Pakku but your past has scarred you so much that you are scared to walk that path again but let's accept it...you need to move out of one stage in life to attain another. You are comfortable with Kedar Anna but you have to make him feel secure too.

Think again....you may not know the language Spanish but you certainly understand body language!!!' saying she dumped a big spoon of halwa in her mouth saying

'Hmmmm halwa upon chakkuli is delicious!!!' and I pressed my lips thinner. Although she is high on her prego hormones but she still indeed is right. I must talk to Kedar. Maybe I will do it when we talk to each other while we drive to Mangalore.

This is why we say 'Destiny Planned this one for us!!!'. I had plans of talking to him personally thinking it's just both of us throughout the journey but instead he has these two monkeys alongside who were discussing work with him. Sameer and Karthik!!! Every time I attempted to open my mouth there was some stupid query which would divert the topic. Karthik kept looking at me with pity in his eyes, he even tried to talk to me but every time that happened Kedar simply asked him about some report or a meeting or some client and I knew after our business venture with Grace Studio was withdrawn Kedar was eyeing one of the best worldwide brands the Behir Group which currently was headed by Aaryan Sehgal and Kedar didn't want to loose upon this opportunity because Sehgals were quick to respond back to Kedar's offer and this project meant they would be ruling the Australian market in no time because Sehgals had a global presence however Aaryan Sehgal was a tough nut to crack and Kedar didn't want any stones left unturned.