Chapter 6: Old Work

(Y/N) POV

(Y/N): "How much are we talking about?"

Iota: "He's giving us a pretty penny for each mission. If you are ready for this, I have your first assignments." I let off a tiresome sigh, easing myself into my cot as I lay back, the ceiling filling my vision.

(Y/N): "Can you fill me in with the details?"

Iota: "I've got dust shops that need a little lightening, a military depot with some equipment that can be used in their war efforts, tackling an executive dust company shipment facility."

(Y/N): "And I thought we were going to war." I made, earning a snarky scoff from her.

Iota: "Those are the things from least to biggest in money. Now would be the best time to start. Your bosom buddy is in an isolated area near the outskirts of Vale near a warehouse."

(Y/N): "I wouldn't call us buddies... but I will do it regardless. Send me the coordinates, and I'll decide on what I feel like doing once I arrive."

She gave a hummed approval, hearing my scroll's notification system go off as the designated area was automatically marked on my map. I was lucky enough to catch the correct midnight breeze. Before stepping out, I leered back at the disguise she had delivered. It didn't take a second for why she delivered such a sleek new outfit. Substituting my current wares for the plague doctor mask and suit and dawning my old batons, I briefly looked in the mirror to see myself unrecognizable. With my identity under a new mask, I had no reason not to worry about Ozpin's employees exposing my nighttime activities.

Under the cloak of night, I found myself where Iota mentioned. The place had been well abandoned for years indicated by the building flaking its paint, the number of weeds overgrown in between the concrete and wall, and visible scraps of metal sitting at its feet like dead skin showing how long it was last used. The outside was empty for obvious reasons but getting closer, I would expect at least a guard or two questioning my unwanted attention in exploring their domain, let alone some surveillance cameras on duty.

Assuming that Torchwick is the kind of man who spares no time, I approached the nearest warehouse and confronted the front entrance as I rapped my knuckles against it. There was no answer... I moved to the neighboring depot, and when it failed to answer, the next. My hope started to drain for another payday as the number of doors I could bang my fist against decreased.

(Y/N): 'I'm out if they can't even answer to a simple knock.'

???: "Hey! What are you doing here?"

I swiveled my head to see two men a couple of feet away dressed in white vests, black hoods, and the infamous White Fang mask, one of which carried a sword and the other an Atlas military-grade rifle that had its barrel trained on me. Both of which don't seem to oppose an immediate threat.

I decided to play along for now, not wanting immediate confrontation I capitulated with them, showing my hands.

(Y/N): "Sorry, I didn't know this was White Fang territory. I was looking for an accomplice who said to meet here."

The two faunus turned to one another as if the other had an answer to my response. One of them scratched their head, while the other shrugged, safely assuming they were newly recruited into the group's reigns. With neither coming to a consensus, one of them came to a logical conclusion.

WF Member Swordsman: "Who is this person you are meeting with?"

(Y/N): "Oh trust me, you have no interest in dealing with humans from what I've known from the White Fang."

WF Member Gunner: "Then we're going to have to ask you to leave the premises."

I frowned at their poor hospitality, not that it mattered how I felt. I tilted my head in annoyance which they did not appreciate kindly as the swordsman gently laid his hand on his weapon.