Chapter 14: Breath Deep

(Y/N) POV

Having left that room that smelled of pomegranates and disinfectants, I was being escorted out by the twins, through the halls to the man of this underground whorehouse. If I can recall the past which was around a few years ago we should arrive at the same velvety false doors at the end of these winding halls.

My memory was only being answered correctly as they pushed their ID cards into an invisible slot in the wall and it gave an approving beep. The wall has folded itself out yet another well-decorated hall with marble statues of what I consider to be novel yoga poses. If I didn't remember that I was still on a mission, I would have confused this for a banquet party at which I'd been assigned to seduce a noblewoman before stealing behind her back.

We stopped momentarily in front of a maple wood door with gate-like carvings and bar handles. Witness and Veil had their hand on the door, both staring at me with apprehensive glares.

Witness: "The boss is beyond here. Just know that I am watching you."

(Y/N): "Please tell me he has clothes on this time around."

They made no comment, having opened the doors to Yiu's office, hearing the sounds of lips smacking reverberating through the room, seeing a brown-haired fox faunus woman loosely wearing sleepwear sitting atop a man with ruffled black hair and wolf-like ears in a dress shirt half-buttoned with his hands feeling the woman up.

I stared off into a corner seamlessly, wishing that I could drown out the sounds again with my music which wasn't necessary when Veil gave an attentive cough for the man; hearing the everlasting silence step in as relief washed over me to look in his direction. His shirt was now buttoned and the faunus now standing like a pillar to his right with modesty.

Yiu: "(Y/N)... what sappy apology do you have for me?"

(Y/N): "Nothing... because you think talk is cheap. Worldly goods are a better apology. Your twins must have explained everything."

Yiu shot me a cynical look, having pulled out a hand in a sweeping motion for everyone to exit the room, hearing the two men shuffle out the door as the faunus brushed up against my side before laying a hand on my shoulder and blowing in my ear, sending an unpleasant shiver up my spine. This earned a playful giggle from the faunus as she strutted out the door.

YIu: "You have a lot of nerve coming here again when you burned half of this place down."

(Y/N): "Well... I've come a long way from burning down whorehouses. I did make this place popular for a reason."

Yiu: "That's because it was a joint deal with my father to get you into the big leagues. Without us, you would have been dead men walking with the debt you racked up wishing you would draw enough attention thinking that it would get you a job."

I put up a cocky pose with a grinning smirk.

(Y/N): "It worked, didn't it?"

Yiu: "It takes more than a few pounds of powder to repay what you have done. My favorite girl was hospitalized because of that theatric stunt you pulled."

(Y/N): "It was merely an accident."

Yiu: "And a nearly fatal one. Whatever you want, I'm not interested in giving."

(Y/N): "I think you will like what I have brought you." I held out my scroll in one hand and tossed it in his direction which he caught with grace; seeing the light shine in his eyes, he smirked. "She looks just like her."

Yiu: "Not quite... Do you think I don't know who that is?!" He threw back the scroll with staggering speed in the hopes of hitting me, catching the fastball and feeling a slight sting from the impact. "Ghira's spawn... What angle are you playing at?"