Chapter 28: High Road to Hell

(Y/N) POV

To be caged in a cycle of destruction, vengeance, and greed for us never to be satiated or condemned. One should not be judged by what they have destroyed but by what they have created. Ultimately, I couldn't steel myself to what I'd been for years. Having plugged up the poison vial, I heard rustling off to my left. The sound of unforeseen eyes had me panic. When I shifted my attention toward the sounds, and to my surprise was the gregarious monkey faunus.

(Y/N): "You scared me. Why are you here, Sun?"

Sun: "I'm sorry, but something urgent came up."

(Y/N): "Urgent enough not to call ahead of time?"

Sun: "You two never gave me contact information."

(Y/N): "Or never bothered asking for it. But now isn't a good time."

Sun: "What do you not understand by urgent?! I have to tell Blake about this." Sun attempted to brush past me but was halted when I pressed my hand against his chest.

(Y/N): "I don't know if Blake told you this, but she is here to rest and forget about the fighting. Tell me everything." I saw the reluctance in his eyes, but he came to with my reasoning almost immediately.

Sun: "You know how her mom said that White Fang members don't wear masks in Menagerie. When I was wandering around at the market and saw one. I even got a picture of them, look!" Sun proceeded to pull out his scroll and showed off an image of a brunette-haired woman with a tanned tone and wearing the aforementioned Grimm mask that had two distinct horns protruding out from each side perched on the edge of a building; watching over the people from above.

(Y/N): "What are you trying to prove, Sun?"

Sun: "What I'm saying is, isn't this suspicious? They have to be up to something!"

(Y/N): "Much as I like to speculate about their behavior, they have no reason to harm their kind. Did they even see you?"

Sun: "No... I don't think so."

(Y/N): "Maybe they were scouting for another White Fang member. The answer isn't clear and we shouldn't occupy our minds with this problem."

Sun: "Are you serious?! You should know that they of all people are plotting something."

(Y/N): "Even then, where would we start? You saw this person once and expect to find them again? Besides, the two of us are letting loose of the fighting until there is a compelling reason." Sun let off a frustrated growl and instead of agreeing or surrendering to my reasoning, he pushed past it.

Sun: "Either way, Blake has to know." I let off a defeated sigh, having picked up the tea set once more.

(Y/N): "I think you shouldn't let it go to your head just yet."

Sun: "And what if they were plotting something?!"

(Y/N): "Then there is nothing we can do because we know nothing right now, Sun. Until you stalk and hunt this person, we can't do anything that would change what they had in mind." Before I could enter Ghria's office, the door swung open revealing Blake standing before us menacingly.

Blake: "What are you two arguing about?" The irritated cat faunus crossed her arms at the two of us.

Sun: "Blake! This is urgent, there is this—" Blake then proceeded to smack him across his face with a resounding snap.

Blake: "Absolutely no respect for those around you."

Sun: "I'm sorry... ow. But this is truly urgent."

(Y/N): "It isn't. It was only a discovery, Sun. I tried to convince him, but he's still quite insistent. He keeps going on about the White Fang plotting again with the existence of one in the market wearing a mask."