Chapter 18: Fallen Mask

(Y/N) POV

(Y/N): "Roman!" I dashed for the control room, seeing that he had already prepped for the impact in the form of a shield shaped like the locomotive driver.

In a flash, the train made a full-on collision with the end of the road as I dispersed the kinetic force as a gas. That didn't mean that I didn't feel it, having been knocked around before being forced out of the hole made by the explosion and the updraft created by the heat.

Upon release, I was several feet off the ground and blown several meters off in an undesirable direction. Still, I had to make the drop, having sublimated back to a solid form and taking the plunge and landing gracefully atop a building that was conveniently not too far off from my home. There was no use going back for Roman now that I was launched so far off.

Having slipped through the cracked window of my temporary abode, I quickly dropped out of gear and replaced it with my normal attire. Having picked up my scroll, I immediately took notice of the emergency broadcast that appeared on the screen and the numerous missed call notifications from Ozpin recently. With a deep sigh at much-needed rest after the busy day I moved out, picking up my katana from my weapon rack, and headed for the bombed square.

Blake POV

To say that we were exhausted would be generous, having come out from a train wreck and now to fighting after a sleepless night? What else could I say? I went on autopilot, shooting down any fiends that approached me with one coming close, I stabbed through its jaw like butter. That's when a loud explosion rang out in the distance with one possibility with who in mind. Nora came careening towards us before nailing the King Taijitu down.

Nora: "Nora smash!" The remaining members of Team JNPR caught up when Nora landed with Pyrrah landing out of nowhere.

Pyrrha: "Let's move!" They dispersed to help us dispatch the rest of the Grimm, Jaune having lagged behind the rest of his team.

(Y/N): "I have decided you don't get to die." (Y/N)'s voice caught me off guard as I heard a crash from behind. He had killed an Alpha Beowolf while I wasn't paying attention to again another Grimm being stunned and nearly a second later disintegrated by an unknown third party.

Sun: "Nobody move, Junior Detec–"

(Y/N): "Shut up and fight! Your formalities can wait." The ground began to shake as the roaring of engines overhead resounded through the air. The Atlesian Fleet flew overhead, while Ruby was busy gazing up in awe, an Ursa somehow snuck up behind her. One of the ships began raining lead down on it within a few seconds with her waving back at it in gratitude before a battalion of Atlesian Knights fell to aid us. "About time Ironwood did something useful... Guys, I think we can..." A shot whizzed between our heads while (Y/N) looked at the Atlesian group with irritation. "You are kidding me... Ironwood programmed my death over the safety of the people? He really doesn't want to give me that pardon." They gave him no response as they continued firing. He began shooting back naturally, cursing under his breath.

Blake: "Do you need help?"

(Y/N): "How kind of you but I'd rather you not get involved in my affairs. It would be better if you helped protect the citizens over my wild chase."

Blake: "Try not to die as a result."

(Y/N): "Naturally."

(Y/N) POV

With most of the Grimm killed, more Atlesian Knights were monitoring the streets as a result. I was able to safely get out of sticky situations thanks to my semblance, but I was beginning to feel parched and had reserved my stamina to begin dodging and firing back. You would think that Ironwood would have them be more persistent in catching someone like us. I felt my scroll vibrating in my pocket, picking it up and keeping firm between my head and shoulder as I kept running.