Chapter 21: Great Power

(Y/N) POV

After watching the spectacle that was Team JNPR's doubles match unfold in a less-than-fair battle against Pyrrha, I managed to pull Pyrrha along with me after finding her after the second day of the festival had ended. Both of us now standing in the metallic box ascending to Oz's office in what felt like an eternity with the silence between us. With a low chime, the doors parted ways for us with Ozpin patiently sitting at his desk and Qrow leisurely leaning against a pillar not paying any attention to us.

(Y/N): "I got who you requested."

Ozpin: "Thank you, (Y/N)."

(Y/N): "Will you tell me everything I asked for?"

Pyrrha: "What is he talking about...?"

Ozpin: "Everything will be answered soon." I rolled my eyes at Ozpin teasing me, having to lean on a structural pillar adjacent to Qrow within earshot of Ozpin and Pyrrha.

(Y/N): "How long is he going to keep this up?"

Qrow: "I'm sure it won't be long..."

(Y/N): "You sure do put a lot of trust in him."

Qrow: "Absolutely..."

(Y/N): "Mind telling me why?"

Qrow: "It's a long story."

(Y/N): "I've got time." He shot me a stern look, having to alternate between looking over at Ozpin and me for a moment. Initially, it looked like he was going to, and judging by how Ozpin was discussing about nonsensical fairytales.

Ozpin: "Would you believe me if I told you that one's been around since I was a boy?" Pyrrha let off an amused laugh.

Pyrrha: "You're not that old, Professor."

Ozpin: "Well... would you believe me if I told you it was true?" The news caught my full attention, having listened carefully for every detail he had to spew.

Pyrrha: "I beg your pardon?"

Ozpin: "What if I were to tell you that there were four maidens existing in this world that can wield such tremendous power – without dust?"

Pyrrha: "You mean like a semblance?"

Ozpin: "Like magic."

(Y/N): "I would say, that is impossible. Even if that were true, it wouldn't go unnoticed by the public for such a long time."

Qrow: "Yeah. First time hearing it's pretty crazy."

(Y/N): "You can't be serious?"

Ozpin: "Do I look like I'm joking?"

Pyrrha: "No, why... why are you telling me this?" I saw Ozpin and Qrow exchange stern looks, confirming with each other silently with a single head nod.

Ozpin: "We are telling you, Pyrrha Nikos, because we believe that you are next in line to receive the fall maiden's powers." There was a chilling silence with my brain stunned by such absurd news.

Pyrrha: "Me?" The doors to the elevators chimed; parting away and revealing Ironwood and Glynda and entering.

Ironwood: "Sorry we're late. I had a few papers to print for someone." Ironwood's eyes met mine, having approached me with several neatly stamped letters in his hands. "I hereby announce that you and your nine others have been pardoned for your actions in the past. However, there is no next time."

I took the letters out of his hands with a snarky look, having flipped through the letters one by one to make sure they were all in order.

Pyrrha: "Wait. What is this? Who are you?"