Obanai x Reader

He made my blood boil on days like these.  I glared up at the black and white clad figure lying lazily in the branches above me.  I swear he only hangs in this tree to feel taller than everyone, what an arrogant brat. 

He must've felt my chilling gaze as he tilted his head down to look at me, waiting for one of my many complaints I'm sure.  "Well, get on with it," he waved nonchalantly. 

My teeth and fists clenched, fully prepared to throw a punch to knock some sense into him.  He raised his eyebrows in mock surprise only enraging me further. 

"How 'bout you come down here before I continue," I advised as sweetly as possible.  He leaned back, seemingly in thought before shaking his head, the soft black locks moving along with the movement.  I huffed out in frustration at his stubbornness. 

"Sorry darling boy, you're going to have to climb up if you want to be face to face for this conversation.  Get moving."  He offered me a wink and a wiggle of his fingers. 

My rage took over any rational thinking as I moved to the trunk of the tree.  Gripping the bark, I began to scale the side snatching the lowest hanging branch.  Pulling myself up, I balanced and made my way towards my soon to be next victim.  He widened his eyes and began clapping his hands in mock approval.  My frown deepened to a snarl. 

"You better be praying right now Obanai because I have no mercy to spare for you," I hissed lowly.  He sat up from his lazy position, cocking his head slightly at my threat.  The white snake around his neck slithered a bit as if sensing the tension.  I made a silent note to save the snake when I threw Obanai's body off the tree. 

Suddenly laughter split the silence.  Cheery chuckles echoed in my ears and it took me a second to realize it was coming from Obanai.  I gave him a look of angry confusion, my emotions battling between utter loathing and maybe more than slight admiration.  After all, it wasn't everyday I heard Obanai laugh that way.  I sat across from him on the branch and crossed my arms. 

"You know exactly what to do to make me want to hide your body," I frowned, my blind anger slowly dissipating.  He clutched his stomach and heaved trying to catch his breath.  Once he had calmed down he looked at me.  God I hated what those mix matched eyes did to me. 

"Sorry it's just you look insanely handsome when you threaten me, I couldn't help it," he said hoarsely.  Heat climbed its way up my neck spreading through my face.  No way. 

He must've seen my unexpected blush as he threw his head back and began to laugh softly again.  I stuck out my tongue at him trying to regain some of my dignity. 

"I came up here to...up here to...".  I paused.  What had I come up here to do?  "You're irritating," I stated lamely.  He glanced at me again and shrugged. 

"I know."  He leaned in closer, his muffled breath tickling my ear.  "But you love it," he whispered, making chills run down my spine.  I shook my shoulders trying to get rid of the feeling to no avail.  I'd had enough.  I grabbed the front of his haori and swiftly pulled him to me, us only being a breath away. 

"Shut up already," I stated quietly.  I glanced down at his covered mouth.  Despite the covering he still moved forward, our lips pecking softly before he pulled away.  I truly hated this man. 

His eyes looked conflicted but I wasn't going to push him further, at least not in that way.  Without another word or thought I quickly grabbed the snake from around his neck and shoved forward.  He fell back and hit the ground below with a satisfying thud.  A groan sounded from him as I pet the beautiful snake in my hands gently and with care. 

"That's right I remember now," I called down to him.  He lifted himself slowly.  "It was you that broke my sword wasn't it?!"  I yelled down at him furiously.  He brushed himself off quickly before running off. 

"I didn't realize it couldn't cut through rocks like Sanemi said!" he hollered back.  I sighed as I continued petting his snake. 

The snake looked up at me with an expectant look.  I shook my head gently.  "Nah.  I'll give him a head start you little devil."