Chapter 18: Join me?

Beta read by Shigiya, Fluffy Slayer and DOOMRAIDER

.

.

.

-Dark Lands-

The world of Serenus housed a multitude of intelligent species. From mystical creatures like fairies, giants, and even dragons—there was little one could not find here.

Celestine ruled the land of Eostia, divided into seven parts and which mainly consisted of the human majority, along with a varying degree of light elves and demi-humans.

One would think that Celestine Lucross, the patron deity of the Church of Lucross and ruler of Eostia, would invite more of the light elves to live in the seven kingdoms. But unfortunately, that was not the case, as the total population of light elves in all of Celestine's territory barely surpassed tens of thousands compared to the millions of humans.

This stemmed from the fact that light elves generally were a reclusive species. Choosing to stay separate from man's world and live among the trees and nature. The main population was said to live on an island far off the east coast. Every year, a single ship would sail across the waters, carrying a handful of migrating elves wanting to start a new life in Eostia. These people were immediately taken care of by Celestine herself and offered a home, a job, and even some monthly allowance.

But they were not the only ones.

On the mass of lands west of Eostia, one could find the Wildlands. The territory of the beastmen, dwarves, and demi-humans; Luu Luu's former home. Eostia interacted with their neighbors through multiple trade routes for spices, armors, and other merchandise.

One reason Eostia stood above the Dark Lands in terms of infrastructure, economy, and general appeal was because these resources came from various areas around the world. Some kingdoms even produced goods that could be sold to the traveling merchants. Luu Luu's creations in Geofu could be considered one of them, being weapons, armors, and shields of perfect craftsmanship desired by many high-ranking individuals. One of her swords could cause up to a few thousand gold coins or a few orichalcum coins. Out of the seven Shields, the halfling could be considered the richest after Celestine herself. Some even argued that she might hold more wealth than the Goddess Reborn herself.

The local crops and special spice fields in Ur were managed by Prim, who worked with the nobles to produce as many crops as possible for the Mortadella brothers—her main buyers.

While the other Shields occupied themselves with local management.

But the Dark Lands, on the other hand, remained a territory ruled by Olga herself. Where demons, some beast tribes, and dark elves lived—did not share the same luxury.

The Queen stood on top of a cliff near the western borders of her territory, which also connected to the Wildlands. She was preparing herself for a small invasion of a nearby small halfling settlement for their resources.

Due to Olga's and the Dark Land's infamous reputation, barely anyone came to them for trading and other things. Leaving her population with the bare minimum to survive. Famine ravaged the land as the soil could hardly grow anything sustainable for long, thus giving it the much appropriate Dark Land name. Didn't help that the Shields have even placed an embargo on her territory on certain crucial supplies needed for survival.

Olga had been forced to take a more drastic approach long ago to keep her kingdom from falling not to opposing forces but from internal problems.

"Olga-sama!" Chloe arrived, wearing her same attire and carrying a long sword on her belt and a cape. "The first battalion is ready."