Chapter 46: Surprise Reunion

Beta read by Shigiya, and Fluffy Slayer

.

.

.

-Grünes Bergdorf-

Orange light of the rising sun spread across the sky like a deep tapestry, with white clouds layered on top. Dusk came, and the rooster's call woke the villagers to start their day. 

Amongst them, a young woman with fiery red hair styled in long curly locks groggily awakened from her peaceful slumber. As winter slowly approached to the lands of Eostia, she had buried herself under several layers of blankets, struggling to summon the motivation to leave her warm cozy cocoon. She glared at the sunlight permeating through her window, cursing herself for leaving the darn thing open the entire night — yet unable to gather the strength needed to shut it. 

"Hmm, Bianca and Jint can handle the Inn without me today." whined cutely at the red head, burying her face in her pillow. The girl who was none other than Alice still felt sore and tired from yesterday's hectic service. The village had celebrated a holy day commemorating the establishment of the seven-kingdom alliance by the Goddess Reborn. Naturally, people pooled their saved-up coins and flocked to her Inn to revel in the festivities, feasting and drinking and eating to their heart’s content. However this was coupled with the fact that neighboring villages had also grown fond of her cooking, making yesterday a true nightmare for Alice to face.

Her fully stocked food storage, which should have lasted a week, was emptied in a single day. Thank the goddess that Bianca, Jint and the recently hired staff made the ordeal bearable for her to get through.

Her hands touched the spot next to her and found it empty. 

"Oh no! Where is he!?" 

Panic swept through her as she searched frantically, jumping out of her bed and revealing that she had slept naked and showing off her voluptuous form. Her frantic movements caused her massive mammaries to jiggle and shake erratically, while she continued to search the room for a particular item. But soon she breathed a sigh of relief after looking under the bed, showing off her bare, round ass to anyone that would be lucky to see it. "There you are!" She reached out and picked up the object in question that she had made herself. 

It was a doll. Complete with tanned skin, white hair, and a rather deadpan expression that resembled a certain bow wielder. Alice giggled before hugging it close to her bare, heavy chest. Out of habit, she began nibbling on the tiny black dao sword she once saw him use to behead an imp, finding a bit of comfort from the action. 

She made it after Bianca taught her how to use a needle and a thread for other things aside from mending clothes. That girl was truly talented in everything she did, possessing a variety of skills under her belt whilst being the center of attention with the customers, thanks to her beauty and cheerful personality. Alice, on the other hand, still struggled at times to speak with strangers who pop up every now and then — not to mention she was an introvert by nature as well. 

Pushing the doll deeper within her bosoms, burying the poor object in her deep pale, freckle valleys, Alice sighed at these deprecating thoughts. Did Archer like those kinds of girls? Would he prefer Bianca in the end? She could see it happening, not like she had any particular unique trait about her… 

"Mmmnn," Alice bit the small fabric shaped like a sword frantically, chewing it more robustly as she dwelled on her thoughts on the ‘what if’s’. Perhaps she could ask Bianca for some advice on being more confident. After all, she was far more experienced dealing with the opposite gender, having wrapped Jint and the other customers around her finger from day one.