Chapter 50: Power

Beta read by Shigiya and Fluffy Slayer

.

.

.

-Dark Lands, near Grenzstadt-

"We've got company." Archer announced, interrupting Olga’s thoughts as she and the red bowman shifted their gaze towards the dark forest in the distance — locked onto a pair of chilling, glowing yellow orbs seething with unmistakable hostility and bloodlust. 

"Old acquaintances, I presume?" he asked calmly, as both the Heroic Spirit and Dark Elf silently took note of the growing multitude of eyes emerging from the darkness, their expressions unwavering and resolute. Neither showed any hint of anger or fear in response to the ambush. "If they are, they have certainly mastered the art of concealing their presence, especially in the dead of night. The incessant howling especially, was a necessary touch to accentuate their exceptional stealth." His sarcastic undertone caused Olga to release an exasperated sigh. 

"So they finally came to finish me off after all." Olga whispered, her heart burdened with a complex mix of emotions. Howler was the oldest subordinate under her command, though his kind did not join willingly to her cause, as Olgahad subjugated them through the imposition of a slave mark. Among her forces, his kind stood as the indisputable might of her army, possessing an unmatched combination of ruthlessness, effectiveness, and efficiency on any battlefield. Next in line were the orcs, imps and goblins, who formed the bulk of her army due to their astonishing reproductive speed. An infant Orc for example, required a mere two weeks or a month at the furthest to reach full maturity. 

Unlike their rapid maturation, Lycans had a growth process more akin to humans, as their offspring required several years to reach adulthood. Given the frequency of battles waged between her and the seven kingdoms, she found it increasingly challenging to depend on their breeding habits within such time constraints. Especially considering that their offspring were primarily demi-humans rather than purebred Lycans. Recognizing the impracticality of this in sustaining her forces, she was forced to enslave an ever-growing number of their tribes, thereby exacerbating the animosity between Dark Elves and Lycans. 

"I was wondering where these creatures were when I raided your castle, I couldn’t find a single one until it was only later that I realized how the Orcs were not the sole beings that betrayed you. Now, they came all this way to either kill you or rape you. Given what I've seen so far, I'd argue on the second option if not both to add insult to injury." 

Unoffended by his words, she acknowledged the truth of his statement. "I always foresaw their kind breaking free from their bonds, either through their own capabilities or with the aid of Celestine. However, by that time, my army of Orcs and Elves would have grown substantial enough to confront them, even if they were to align with the Goddess Reborn."

"And now here you stand, bereft of everything save for a former slave with anger issues, two degenerate elves whose desires know no bounds, and myself, tasked with the responsibility of babysitting you all. must admit, the prospects of your survival appear rather bleak, oh Great Queen Olga." 

The killing intent in the air was dense beyond anything she had seen from them before. Their seething hatred was directed solely on her, fueled by years of torment, the loss of their family and the fate of their brethren. They were out for blood, and were itching to tear her from limb to limb. Yet regardless of the danger standing right in front of them, Olga's heart remained serene, her lips twitched upwards for a split second before she glanced at Archer, who leaned against a tree with his arms crossed. 

"I would argue that my odds of survival are considerably higher now, even without my castle and demons." 

"That's incredibly debatable, I could easily just leave with my group and have you fend for yourself. I have acquired the information I needed about the Insect God Cult and their leader. At this point, your value to me is minimal, not to mention the possibility of you or your kiss-ass of a bodyguard backstabbing me when I least expect it. Granted, I can handle you two easily, but I’m getting tired of smacking the blonde idiot every time she attacks. In a way, this is a good scenario for me, I can get rid of you right here and move forward without any future disturbances or inconveniences. Currently, I hold the world’s attention as the one responsible for the death of Vault and the eradication of the Kuroinu. These acts will be celebrated in the eyes of mankind and I'm sure adding the title Dark Queen slayer will mitigate some of the charges against me, probably even make me a free man. That certainly beats getting hanged or executed by a bunch of bikini Knights." He displayed a distinct lack of interest or motivation to address the imminent threat, opting to remain in place while glancing at Olga from time to time.