Chapter 34: Luu-Luu

Beta read by Shigiya, Fluffy Slayer and DOOMRAIDER.

.

.

.

-Geofu-

The Kingdom governed by Luu-Luu differed greatly from what he saw in Ken.

It was by no means the architectural or cultural aspect that brought out this observation. No, everything was drastically different here — including the people walking down the streets.

Vast swathes of blacksmiths lined the city, bustling with life as people went about their day shopping, forging, or just promenading around. Humans and diverse beastmen all coexisted in this melting pot, yet instead, it was the overwhelming number of dwarves that grabbed Archer's attention, their calling card being that they were the loudest and most tenacious of the bunch. The place just felt more… lively and active than what he had seen previously.

Not to mention how hot the air was here. It was akin to living in an oversized furnace. The unfaltering metalworking produces dark clouds over the city, giving it a twilight-Esque aura. The perfect place for any creature of the night to settle into.

Surprisingly, he found himself enamored by some of the weapons shown on display. Each possessed a unique design that even he hadn't seen before. Swords that were combined with mage staffs, harboring a blue gem in between the wood and the blade. A shield that had moving parts to it, capable of changing into a sheath for a greatsword.

'Is that a… hidden coin gauntlet?' These people sure were creative with their inventions.

Heck, he even saw the iconic bikini armor with tiny sword-like plates hiding the intimate parts.

Archer visibly cringed at those things once again.

Ignoring those huge design flaws called armor, he wanted to explore the city a little longer, sate his curiosity, and check out the shops for weapons he could add to his Reality Marble. Was it stealing? Probably, but he didn't put that much thought into it. Not like he could explain the details behind his Reality Marble and suddenly pay them for every weapon that caught his eye. Either way, the owners still got to keep the weapons, so no harm, no foul.

"I just wish I could wander around a bit more," Archer said, sighing at the weird looks the onlookers were giving him, or at least from behind him.

No, it wasn't due to his skin or hair color. He would have perfectly blended in with the locals here if it had been so. Instead, he had one tiny little problem.

"You can't escape Moradin's wrath!"

That 'problem' came in the form of a tiny little gremlin wearing nothing but a coat and a hat and wearing one of the most revealing underwear he had seen to this day, which it's only job seemed to be covering her private area, like some kind of pasty. With bloodshot eyes, and a roar escaping her lips, she rushed to attack him, weapons ready to harm his person. Her arsenal is solely a spear and a giant hammer that looked far too big for her stature, but wielded it like a stick. Yet instead of victory, her face was covered in dirt, sand, and a giant red shoe print.

Bam!

"Argh! My nose! You meanie!"

Crash!

Just before she could get a jump on him, he sent her flying to another stall like a speeding projectile. If he had done this to Maia back in Ken, then all of the Kingdom's forces would have rained hellfire down upon him in vengeance. Yet barely anyone lifted a finger against him here, treating it like a performance instead. The sheer lack of sympathy for their leader was amusing to behold.