Chapter 23: Hot Springs part 2

Beta read by Shigiya, Fluffy Slayer and DOOMRAIDER.

.

.

.

-Hot Spring-

He sat at the edge of the hotspring, leaning on the rocks. His upper body was completely open for the red-head’s viewing pleasure. Maia knew that Archer was a fit man, the outfit he wore left little for the imagination for the woman to unapologetically ogle.

But seeing him out of his clothes was something else entirely new for the Princess Knight.

Before becoming a Princess Knight, Maia was no stranger to battle scars, having gotten many along the years working as a mercenary. After Celestine blessed her, every blemish, scars and wounds she had suffered in the past vanished leaving behind a silky smooth skin. She wondered if it was the same for the man in front of her as he also went through the same process. Though she paid close attention, Maia did notice some slight discoloration on his chest where the heart was—probably an old wound that healed over the years. Archer possessed an athletic build, with very little body fat that could be seen and muscles that were crafted from years on the field. Arms which could and had lifted her up with barely an effort even in his relaxed state. Chiseled six-pack abs, that if she wanted, could grate cheese on, while she watched droplets of water move down the muscles before merging with the water.

She gulped at that, staring at the man who’s been giving her fuzzy feelings ever since their first encounter. All the more while keeping her eyes from focusing on a certain spot that is hidden below the hot water.

Contrary to Vault who possessed a herculean physique, with trunk-like arms that look like they could strangle a bear and crush a boulder with them. There had been very few women that would not say no to spending a night with him. This man in front of her may was not as big as him, but she could not deny that he exuded strength. And despite that, he was still agile enough to out match her in her area of expertise. The man was a fighter, a warrior, plain and simple, and Maia knew very few people that were like Archer.

"Why are you here?"

"Hum?"

Maia was suddenly woken up from her daze by Archer's deep voice.

"I-I was lonely and de-decided to pay my dear chef a visit."

Damnit!

Why did she stutter again!?

What happened to the confident woman that walked in like she owned the place!?

This phenomenon kept coming back ever since that day. Maia wasn't someone who stuttered, blushed or acted like a girly-girl. She always portrayed herself to be a charismatic and confident woman who kicked ass and did it while looking good. Never hesitating to speak her mind openly, even going as far as to insulting high ranking officials to their faces after being insulted by the pompous pricks before her anointment as a Princess Knight. Maia did not like the way she was acting around a man that she just met not that long ago!

Taking a deep breath and doing her best to act nonchalant, she gave the man a smirk and stepped into the water, moving seductively as she settled in.

With her feet touching the warm water, she carefully submerged herself for a brief moment before coming back up. Just to clear up her mind and keep her new bubbling feelings in check, the Queen of Mercenaries kept her cool as she slowly began to focus on the water. Their travel would certainly take a while to reach the village to get to Geofu. She believed the place was called… Heilung Dorf? Apparently, there were rumors of a beautiful Light Elf and Dark Elf residing there, which was rare for the two to be in the same area, especially in Eostia—this made Maia very curious about them.