Chapter 47: Aiding

Beta read by Shigiya, Maglad and Fluffy Slayer

Lemon Warning: You can skip the part if you want to, I added {Lemon start} {Lemon End}

.

.

.

Dark Lands-

"Why me..."

From the moment he set foot in this world, Archer had felt a growing unease at the ever-expanding circle of acquaintances in his daily life. He was accustomed to living alone for extended periods of time, avoiding all but the most necessary human contact. After all, forming bonds with people who would eventually meet their demise at his hands was fruitless. He believed that he could work most efficiently when alone.

In this world however, Archer seldom found himself alone. The only times he felt solitude was when he was locked up in the dungeon of Ken or when he was in the forest where he stumbled upon a Princess Knight's body drifting along near him.

Now, even a short soak in the bath brought unexpected visitors. Two beautiful elves, Anna and Grace, whom he had met before in Heilung Bergdorf, appeared before him. Archer remembered their strange interaction from back then, but he didn't anticipate how things would turn out now. Though he couldn't comprehend them, he had to admit that Anna and Grace were not bothersome. Anna in particular, was an enigma he couldn't quite solve.

"Oh, by the gods, y-your arm!!!" Grace screamed in fright, releasing him as her gaze fell on his wounded limb. She made no attempt to conceal her nudity from him, her concern for his injury taking precedence. "H-How did this happen!? Are you okay!?"

Despite her initial shock, her touch was gentle as she tended to his wound. Though he winced from the searing pain, it dissipated almost immediately as a green light emanated from Grace's hand, enveloping his arm.

Healing magic?

"Oh my, that certainly looks quite serious," Anna observed, drawing closer until her chest brushed against his as she carefully examined his arm. "It's quite recent as well, I'm astonished as to how you even suffered from such a thing in the first place. Must have been from a magic attack."

Anna's sharp observation elicited a nod from him. "Yes, I was on a mission when I got ambushed. My defenses held up miraculously but my arm paid the price. So I'm just waiting for it to heal on its own. I stumbled upon this place while taking a walk, and thought it would be a good spot to clean my wounds and unwind a little. Didn't expect the water to have medicinal properties." Archer explained, his eyes closed as strands of Anna's blonde hair blocked his view of her face. It wasn't due to embarrassment, but rather the proximity of her presence.

"Yes, we've set up this bath with various plants and flowers that have beneficial properties for the skin. It also helps with muscle pain and fatigue, but that's about it. If you leave and the effects wear off then the pain will return tenfold." Grace explained with a firm tone, her complete attention was focused on his tending to his injury with her magic.

"Grace, I don't think he's feeling much pain given that his nerves have been fried off. All I can see are red and white muscles with charred remains. It's impressive how you're not screaming in pain, Archer-san."

He scoffed, "Trust me when I say that the pain is real. Even a slight breeze feels like a swarm of ants biting my arm. The only reason I'm not screaming is because it would be a waste of time and energy. It's imperative that I find a healer who can help me as soon as possible."

His eyes fluttered open to see the blonde elf caressing his face. Despite her stoic demeanor, he could tell that she cared. "Fortunately for you, both of us are the best healers you'll find in all of Eostia." Anna boasted with a hint of pride in her tone.