Chapter 36: Next stop, Feoh!

Beta read by Shigiya, DOOMRAIDER and Fluffy Slayer.

.

.

.

-Geofu-

The morning rays hit Maia's face as she walked past the bridge connecting the castle to the town. No longer could she hear the birds singing, or the quiet of nature, instead the sound of roaring flames and metal being forged dominated the vibe within the area.

She equipped a new pair of swords on her waist, basically the same design as her predecessors but with thin black line grafted onto the blades. Making them far more durable than the last ones, according to Luu-Luu at least.

Speaking of the midget…

"Hey, where is everyone?" She asked a man in a black suit walking next to her.

Luv Veli they called him, the son of a local viscount who regularly helped the halfling with her trades with the other kingdoms. He was in charge of bringing her creations out in public, selling them, and transfering the money back to the girl while taking a small cut for himself. Maia wasn't familiar enough with this process and wondered how Luu-Luu could trust this guy with such an important task. Still, it was a bit shocking for her to see a nobleman participating in such activities… like how he was taking care of the horses now. Something she knew that any stick up their ass nobles would never do, especially the younger ones and would have someone else do it, calling it commoners' work.

Man, did those guys piss her off, especially a certain fat man child.

"The Princess Knight has been in her forge since last night after the assassin was delt with,, we tried to talk with her but she vehemently rejected our calls." The young man said, guiding Maia's horse through the streets, pulling her away from her more darker thoughts. "The former Knight is waiting in the carriage outside the city. And as for Archer-sama… we haven't seen him as well. All of his belongings disappeared when we went to check on him."

That made her mood drop, sadness flooding her heart before she sighed resignation. This was to be expected, even after what he said yesterday, a part of her couldn't help but wonder if he had spoken those words just to soothe her.

Maybe this was for the best, she sucked at saying goodbyes, and breaking down in tears like a child was not something she wanted to show to Archer. Better this outcome than her losing her composure and ruining her rep in front of that man. He would probably tease the hell out of her for that.

That brought a small smile to the red head.

After walking for a few more minutes, Maia and Luv finally reached the outer gates where the remaining members of her group stood waiting for them. There was barely a third of them left, most of her Knights either died during the attack or suffered far too grievous injuries and trauma to continue. The most unlucky ones still had panic attacks whenever someone touched them, so they were sent to the nearest Church to have some time to heal.

Getting raped by those disgusting monsters was a fate she did not wish on even her worst enemy.

As for her mercenary friends, many of them died — including Morgan who was devoured by a white Lycan. According to Charlotte, not many wanted to continue this trip, in fear of getting attacked again, and in turn, decided to settle here. Some of the Kuroinu men retired, and she met a few of them who came to her and handed over their badges and weapons.

Her eyes gazed over the small group of men in civilian clothing talking with those who decided to continue on. She recognised them as those who left her group and the Kuroinu as a whole.