Chapter 57: Fire

Beta read by Shigiya and Fluffy Slayer

.

.

.

-Feoh-

“She tried to do what?” 

Within a dimly lit room, Emiya found himself sighing as he recounted the events of his turbulent encounter with Alicia. Olga, having been assigned a heavily guarded room beneath the castle so that Alicia could watch her like a hawk, was nonchalantly lounging on one of the plush chairs.

From what he gathered, it seemed the Dark Elf used her room primarily as a study. Opting to sleep in a more luxurious setting with Chloe by her side, there were plenty of rooms like the one he found her in scattered throughout the castle. 

“Do I really need to explain it again? I kinda want to forget that it ever happened.” muttered Archer, standing across from the scantily clad dark elf.

“No. I'm just having a hard time believing it, given she tried to decapitate you just recently. Hmm, perhaps Celestine’s blessings have the unintended side effect of inducing a certain bipolarity in everyone… it would certainly clarify the perplexing interactions I've had with some of them. Especially Maia, her prolonged and intense gaze leaves me uncertain of her intentions. I can’t discern whether she harbors thoughts of killing me or assaulting my body as Vault had tried.” She mumbled while perusing the pages of an ancient tome she had ‘borrowed’ from Alicia's library. 

The rhythmic sound of steel clashing with wood filled the background as Chloe practiced her swordsmanship on a wooden post. Both of them had remained mostly silent during their stay in the castle, causing neither chaos, nor trouble for any of the Princess Knights. A reality that Emiya found hard to believe at first, especially for Chloe, whom he considered a potential wild card between the two. Someone who could go completely berserk at the slightest hint of slander towards Olga. 

Or just anyone that looked at her. 

The woman was a bit of a fanatic for her queen.

Yet he was presently surprised, not only did she stay calm and composed since arriving here… 

“Hah! Die you fucking human!” 

But she also seemed to have found another outlet for her anger, continuously stabbing the wooden post adorned with a lazily drawn face wearing a deadpan expression and white hair… as long as she wasn't directing that aggression towards him, then he didn't mind. 

Archer couldn't tell if this was of her own accord or if Olga had ordered the girl to lay low in the meantime. Regardless, he didn't care, simply content with the results. It would be a shame if he had to deal with more problems concerning these two when Alicia's case was already giving him a headache. 

Then came the matter with Celestine, their previous conversation still fresh in his mind and one that he hadn't stopped pondering about.

“I speak the truth, there’s no reason for me to deceive you and I'm pretty certain you have heard about what happened. Also, take it easy on Maia. I know she can be a bit immature and a tad foolish, but I doubt she will try something against you without a good reason. Stubborn as she is, the girl has shown improvement since I first met her.”

“That's quite the high praise coming from you, human. Should I be concerned that your judgment has been tainted by the pleasure of flesh? Even a blind man can see the connection you two share, not to mention how Maia keeps behaving around you. Like a ‘love-sick puppy’, as you humans would say.”