Chapter 44: Shard.

Beta read by Shigiya, Fluffy Slayer and DOOMRAIDER

For those curious about Alice and Bianca with how they look like, here are some pictures.

Alice:

And Bianca:

And Bianca:

I'll add these pictures to the chapters they've appeared in first

.

.

.

-???-

It all happened in a split second, right before he could respond to the reality in front of him. The idea that such an entity could manifest itself in this world was practically inconceivable.

The very moment he locked eyes with it, the destructive crimson energy had already reached the halfway mark. Archer knew that he had to act fast as death was but a breath away, his skin had begun stinging from the heat of the attack, and the bodies around him were already turning to ashes. The rubble melted within seconds, a display of sheer power he could not contest against — he knew that it carried far more destructive power than even Caladbolg II.

The Counter Guardian raised his hand, reciting the first verse to Reinforce his Traced Noble Phantasms. This was the first time he ever used it in this world; nothing had ever forced him this far, or he always had other options — even against the demon army that ambushed him and Maia. That time he needed a weapon to kill them all in one fell swoop, but now… he needed to survive more than anything.

"Rho, Aias!"

A small bud formed in the middle of his palm before blooming into seven enormous yet beautiful larkspur petals. Their pink light shining brightly and stubbornly against the sea of crimson. The attack hadn't reached him yet, but his shroud was starting to tear and break apart.

He braced himself, before…

Crash!

The seven layers barely came into existence before the attack collided followed by a loud shockwave which spread across the area.