Chapter 24 Heilung Dorf

Beta read by Shigiya, Fluffy Slayer and DOOMRAIDER

.

.

.

Thorne-

Aside from being Celestine's territory, the Kingdom also housed one of the largest collections of books and tomes from a bygone era of history. Personally collected and preserved by none other than Celestine throughout the centuries, even the highest Church members to the Pope himself could not access the place.

With a powerful barrier protecting the room, only the Goddess Reborn and the other Princess Knights who held a piece of herself could walk through the invisible wall without resistance.

A place filled with a wealth of infinite and forbidden knowledge where mages all across Eostia yearned to have a peek at the truth of both the past and the ancient magic that it held. One could call the library the Princess Knights' ultimate weapon. Some speculated that the place held the answer to immortality, ultimate power, and infinite wealth, with the rumors growing year after year when after centuries to present times, it turned into a mythical legend.

Celestine would sometimes laugh when she heard some of the rumors, but never had time to clear them up.

Currently, in the middle of the library, there are dozens of open books lying all over the place. Celestine sat on the cold marble floor, lost in her own thoughts as she kept turning page after page of an old book of recorded history.

Through the use of magic, Celestine managed to cast a spell on everything around her to always remain in pristine condition and never decay with the passage of time, and for some, to at least keep them from decaying any further when she first acquired them. In a way, the entire library was stuck in a single point of time from when she first cast the spell. Such a feat of magic that closely resembled the usage of True Magic if Archer ever came to learn about it.

To Celestine, however, such spells weren’t the cause of admiration during her heyday.

Clank

Clank

The sound of metal armor clanking on the hard floor echoed across the expansive room. The blonde elf didn't need to look back to check the identity of the person approaching, as solely the Shields were allowed to enter the library, thanks to their blessings. And only one princess was still present who would check up on her frequently, like a mother checking up on her child.

“You have returned, Claudia. How is Klaus doing?" Celestine said, not taking her eyes off of the content she was reading.

"Same as usual. One is overworking himself while the other refuses to see his son or me."

"I see. That's unfortunate." Celestine didn't bother hiding the disappointment in her voice. "I expected Grave to change for the better after retiring from the field, but he remains prideful and arrogant towards family traditions just like in the past."

"He certainly was quite proud and joyful when I first married Klaus, but after hearing about his own son's… situation, the man now treats him like a stranger."

Right, Klaus was incapable of fathering a child with Claudia due to his own physical inabilities. It wasn't like the man wasn't in love with his wife. She'd seen that his eyes held genuine care and affection for the Princess Knight. It just so happens that the man was unable to establish a physical relationship with Claudia due to being unable to get aroused.

Honestly, Celestine was half tempted to concoct an aphrodisiac but restrained herself as she promised herself to never practice such dangerous magic ever again. It caused more harm than good in the long run, and Klaus could end up addicted to the potion if ingested.