Chapter Twenty: Seven Months To Plan A Rescue

Seven months later

***
Sova
**

Sova quietly stalked through the bushes surrounding a large, tall building; seemingly hidden in the middle of nowhere. Reyna, Raze and Omen were slowly walking around to the other side of the building.

Cypher's soft voice buzzed in his ear. "All is quiet. I don't see anyone...yet."

He managed to catch a glimpse of the three others, and stopped at the front while the others moved to the rear.

"I don't have any inside intel," said Cypher. "You are ready to start phase one. Be cautious, please."

Sova found a side door, seemingly unguarded. The lock on it was strong, but Sova brought the stock of his rifle down on it, breaking the mechanism. It fell to the floor.

The hunter opened the door as quietly as he could.

It opened to a large corridor, with heavy, locked doors on the left side of it. The hall continued for a long while, but started to open to a large room on the right a few meters in.

Footsteps sounded along the corridor, and whistling echoed through it.

Sova looked around before pressing himself into an alcove, waiting for the person to pass.

When the figure was close, the Russian sprung out, gripping his gun and digging it into the man's back.

"Don't turn around," he hissed. "Where is Everest?"

The person shook his head, refusing to answer. Sova dug the barrel in further.

"Where. Is. She?"

The other man sighed, relenting. "Three doors ahead, to the left."

"Thank you.''

Sova brought his vandal up and clocked the man in the back of the head, as he fell forward, unconscious.

He looked back to see the three who came with him follow.

Determined, Sova walked with quiet steps to the entryway the Kingdom employee had mentioned. They arrived at the specified door.

"Reyna, Raze; please stay out here and watch our backs. I will go in and get her back. Omen, stay right next to the door in case I need assistance."

The two women nodded as they stationed themselves outside of the door, but in such a way that they would not be easily seen.

Sova studied the hard lock on the door. He pressed a finger to his earpiece. "Cypher, think you can hack this? I can't break it with brute force."

"Ah yes...give me a minute.''

Furious keyboard noises were heard over the communications. "So this is how you wish to play it, hmm?" Cypher mused, probably to himself. "Sova, I'll need you to plug your phone into the opening there.''

Sova followed his directions.

"Should be right about ready," came the voice of the broker a few minutes later. "Good luck, and get our girl back."

He holstered his weapon.

Sova turned the handle, and opened the door to see his sweetheart inside, sitting on a chair, with a blue-tinted band on her wrist. There were no bindings, no chains as far as he could see.

Her gaze drifted to him, and as they settled on his form, they widened.

She stood up, and backed away. Sova was confused. Why was Everest like this? Why wasn't she coming to him?