𝐓 𝐖 𝐎

蘇科

You were cooking the fish for tonight's dinner when suddenly, you saw a large flare go off in the sky

'Huh? What could that be?'

You narrowed your eyes at the fireworks, until you finally remembered what was in that direction.

Your eyes went wide. 

'THE ABANDONED FIRE NATION SHIP!' 

You ran out the tent and saw the entire village was gathered in the town center, nervously conversing about what just shot in the sky.

"What's happening?"

"What was that?"

"Is there an attack?"

"(y/n)!" Sokka exclaimed running over to you from his tent. 

"What the heck was that?!"

"I have no idea," you shook your head, looking down at the ground as you thought. 

"Who could have possibly set that off? Everyone knows not to go over there. Heck, only Grandmother, Sokka, Katara, and I know where the ship is."

It hit you.

'Katara.'

"Where is Katara?" you asked, turning to Sokka and giving him a serious look.

"Right there," Sokka answered, looking straight and pointing.

You snapped your head over and saw Katara and Aang walking over to the crowd, guilty looks on their faces.

It all began to click now. 

The kid was a spy for the Fire Nation and sent that flare to alert them of our position.

"You!" you shouted, pointing at the kid, the crowd parting as you walked through. 

"You signaled the Fire Navy with that flare! You're leading them straight to us, aren't you?" 

"Aang didn't do anything. It was an accident," Katara defended. 

"Yeah, we were on the ship and there was a booby trap. And, well, we boobied right into it," Aang sheepishly agreed. 

"Katara, you shouldn't have gone on that ship. Now we could all be in danger," Grandmother chimed as she walked over, disappointed. 

"Don't blame Katara. I brought her there. It's my fault," Aang defended this time. 

"The traitor confesses! Kids, away from him! The outsider is hereby banished from our village," you demanded, the little kids walking back over to the crowd.

Katara growled. "(y/n), you're making a mistake," she said, angry. 

"No, I'm keeping my promise to Dad. I'm protecting you, Sokka, and the entire village from threats like him," you replied, your tone rising.