Chapter 17 - So Many Secrets

So, here I am... sitting in the middle of both Logan and Kai.

"They come here all the time it's their local, you'll see them again." Logan continued.

"Isn't all the bars here local" I snorted. Shut up Laney, you're not funny just shush.

He looked at me and smirked.

Stella giggled, "Well this must be their local, local."

I quickly looked away from Logan, and let out a trying laugh at Stella. I don't think I can sit next to him like generally, I'm struggling to contain myself here.

"It's a shame we can't get too drunk tonight." Caden sighed.

"I wouldn't want to if we're working tomorrow," Stella said.

Caden's eyebrows furrowed. "As if, Stella you do it all the time." He smiled and they both looked at each other playfully.

"Whatever" she smiled. Aww, cute two people who can flirt normally, unlike whatever I'm doing.

"Well this is much needed anyway," Logan said.

Tell me about it...

"You bet," Nick said. "glad you could join us again Logan." He held his drink up to logan and they clinked bottles, then he moved it to Kai. "Uh, you too Kai. Glad you're here." Kai lifted his beer and smiled.

"This place isn't as shitty as I thought it was gonna be." Kai Laughed.

Oh my god, why does he keep saying stuff like that? Everyone smiled awkwardly. I felt squished between the two on the table. I glared at Stella and she looked down trying not to smile. Stop. She better not make this any more awkward for me. I took a swig of my drink.

"So..." Kai said, he placed his hand on my leg and I looked at him almost fearfully. He started moving his way up my thigh. "You staying with me tonight?" He gave me another one of his sleazy looks, I could feel his hand move up my dress and I quickly slapped it. I smiled at him awkwardly as he laughed playfully.

No. This isn't funny, I'm definitely not flirting with him. God, I can't stand this, pretending to do this with him is horrible. It makes me feel sick to my stomach. I feel so hopeless like I have no choice this isn't right.

Logan let out an uncomfortable cough, almost like a growl. He shuffled on his seat and cracked his neck to the side. "Work tomorrow then guys, early night for us all,"

"I'm sure Laney can get the day off," Kai gave me another cringe look. "Then maybe..." he put his hand on my leg again. "She can get me off."

Ugh, I don't think I could hide my reaction, is he serious?

"Well, not tomorrow." Stella quickly said. "There's... uh... a lot of departures I heard."

She looked at me and then at Kai. "Sorry, Kai... no happy ending tonight." she fake smiled. I always know when Stella fake smiles.

"Damn," I moaned, knowing very well it did not sound believable. "That's... so typical."

Logan let out a laugh beside me. It was subtle but I heard it.

Kai rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Of course..."

"I did tell you I was working lots." I fretted.

He looked away from me.

"Anyone for a smoke?" Logan asked.

"I could do with a vape." I answered.

Kai pulled at my hand as I stood. "Vapes are just as addictive as cigarettes you know you're not helping yourself." he sighed. "It's not attractive Laney."