21

• •word count - 1,721••

word count - 1,721

1985 July, 27th

"Steve doesn't get it," Robin starts as we sit on her floor talking. "I can't just go around asking out girls, I'll be the town pariah."

I sigh, looking at her, "you have a point, but Vickie seems like she might like you

I sigh, looking at her, "you have a point, but Vickie seems like she might like you." Robin groans and lays down on her carpet.

"Well, what about you?", She asks, looking over at me, and I look at her confused. "what about me?".

She sits back up, "I mean, who do you like?". I stare at her as she talks, and suddenly Eddie pops into my brain, making me smile.

I shake my head, "No one." Robin gasps and stares at me. "Your lying."

"Come on, man, you're literally red like a tomato," she teases, poking my cheeks. I feel my cheeks get redder and turn my head.

I look at the clock seeing how late it is, looking back over at her. "I am not. It's no one". I laugh, getting up. "y/n, you have to tell me."

"I'll see you tomorrow," I smile and grab my skateboard heading out of her room and going out the front door. "LOVE YOU. " She screams at me, and I giggle, saying it back.

As I started to skate down the sidewalk from Robin's, I hummed a small tune. It was hot as ever outside. I wish the pool stayed open late.

It would be cold soon, and the pool would be closed now that summer was ending. I looked over, seeing the sun starting to set, and I began to go faster on my board as it would be dark soon.

My feet stopped as I looked across the street to ensure no cars were coming. I contained to move down the road to the other side.

Rock music was suddenly heard behind me, making me turn my head. A van came zooming down the road and stopped next to me.

I stopped moving, looking over to see Eddie as he rolled the window down. "Whatcha doing there."

"