epilogue

•••••

Eddie

My body feels heavy, so heavy I could nearly keep myself up. The whiskey bottle in my hand was half empty.

I pressed the bottle back to my lips, feeling the liquid burn down my throat. Yet the pain wouldn't go away, and it was my fault.

Instead of hearing what she had to say, I told her to get out. The best thing that's ever happened to me, and I let that go.

I never thought love was real. It wasn't meant for me, and now I really think it isn't. The girl I love with my whole fucking heart is gone.

I just wanted what was best for her. Yet I did it in the most horrible way possible.

Jesus christ.

I fucking hate myself more than I already did.

The bottle stood next to me as I leaned my head against my wall. Music lightly played throughout my room as I covered my face with my hands.

My head looked up, feeling something next to me. I looked down and picked up the eyeliner pencil off the floor.

I felt her start to move the pencil on my eye, feeling weird with it on my eye. It looked cool, and she always wore it.

My hands rested on the back of her thighs, holding on to her. I could have her as close to me as I wanted. I liked these little moments with her.

"Okay open," she said softly, and I opened my eyes, looking at her.

She shifted her weight, almost making her fall, and I quickly grabbed her thigh, "be careful there."

"just close your eyes again, Munson," y/n said, rolling her eyes.

"FUCK" I screamed as I threw the pencil across the room. Shaking my head, I got up with the liquor bottle in my hands. After taking another sip, I set it down on the table.

I flopped onto my bed as I stared up at the ceiling. I felt everything start to spin and closed my eyes, wanting it to stop.

I wish I could just go back in time and fix this. Maybe we would be okay.

Maybe I'll see her one day. One day we will run into each other, and it will be like no time has passed.

When that day comes, I never want to let her go.

••y/n••

My head leans on the plane's window as I look out to the sky. The stars are starting to show as the moon peaks up.

It's getting dark, and I would be in LA in a couple of hours.

I look over at the book in my hands. The book Robin gave me for this extremely long plane ride. Yet the only thing on my mind was him.

The words he said to me, yet he couldn't even show when I left.

"I'm gonna miss you," Robin wipes her eyes as I pull away from our hug. I give her a small smile before going over to my little brother.

Dustin stands there, already running over to hug me. I smile and hold him as his head rests on my chest. The feeling of leaving my brother broke my heart.

Not driving him to school every day, not hearing about how his days went and how he would always come into my room to bug me.

I kissed the top of his curly head and felt small tears roll down my face.

I looked over at Steve as he had his hands in his pockets, ready to take me to the airport. I gave sniffled a little before making my way over to him.

I let out a small laugh as I leaned back into the seat, looking back out the window.

The sting in my heart hurt inside my chest as my head reminds me of his stupid curly hair.

His brown eyes and how he used to make me laugh.

I hope in a couple of years, I'll forget him. The pain in my chest will go away.

Maybe one day, when I see him again, I won't lose my breath, and my heart won't drop to my stomach. I'll be able to breathe. My body won't freeze when he stares at me.

I'll be okay. I won't feel uneasy about someone else looking at him the way I used to.

Maybe one day, I won't be scared to close my eyes at night thinking he's gonna be there.

I hope when I see him one day. I won't feel a damn thing.

 I won't feel a damn thing