Episode 33 (Final)

Words from the Author:

Time to finish this! I've made you all wait long enough for this last episode and I do apologize for that. It's now or never. NGE, all its movies and manga, is owned by the great Hideaki Anno. I take no claim of anything other than my original characters, who's considered not so original, but are the best I could come up with. Thank you all for reading. I won't be leaving an ending statement at the end of this episode so this will be the last time you have to read my rambles... Or at least for now... Enjoy!

Final Episode: Forever Intertwined

Unit 01 soon arrives at the sphere's right side, which is the exact side Shinji's Eva was expelled from earlier, and plants both hands onto the ever-growing orb in the attempt to penetrate it. Unfortunately, the purple Eva's efforts seem to do very little other than cause the outer-layer of the sphere to vaguely fluctuate as everyone in Central Dogma observe Unit 01 with all feeling anxious. In the meantime, Unit 08 emerges from the hole it made to descend into Dogma without anyone from NERV or even Shinji realizing it as the gold Eva flies forward enough to land on the ground that's in front of the hole.

After doing that, Zahn takes a brief scan of his surrounding and notices the defeated Unit 07 from a fair distance towards his left, which forces the white-haired boy to shut his eyes while shaking his head in disapproval with a small smirk on his face before establishing his gaze towards the gigantic sphere. "I guess you were right to come back here, Lord Keel. If that overzealous Evan couldn't even hold out, it is more than likely none of the others did. That includes your SEELE members." He then shifts his gaze to the right until his eyes narrow at the sight of Unit 01 trying to enter the multi-colored sphere and cocks his head to the left with a hint of curiosity. "Hmmm... Unit 01 is no longer trapped in that Moon."

Keel's voice calmly resounds within Unit 08's entry plug. "Indeed. That must mean Nero succeeded in saving the 3rd Child, however..."

Zahn straightens his head and nods with a sinister smile taking form. "I know. Nero's still in there. That explains why Unit 01 looks so eager to get back in." He chuckles in a menacing manner. "Too bad for him, I don't plan on letting that happen." Unit 08's then about to launch itself off the floor, but is interrupted by a sudden feminine cry as a large shadow plagues the gold Eva. This forces Zahn to maneuver his Eva to fly to the right while barely avoiding a red mass of metal that smashed all four of its limbs onto the ground as Unit 08 resets its attention towards the direction the gold Eva was standing.

Soon enough, Zahn finds himself facing Unit 02, who has still not reverted back to its original form, as the yellow-eyed boy's a bit astonished by the red Eva's appearance with his posture slightly slouching forward. "Now that was unexpected."

Asuka responds to Zahn's statement through the open channel with confidence brimming while firmly holding on the controls. "I bet! I'm a master in surprise attacks!" She grins while maintaining her confidence.

Due to Asuka's loud statement, everyone in Central Dogma and Shinji finally took notice of Unit 08 as the purple Eva stopped trying to penetrate the sphere. After that, both Shinji and Misato show up on opposing sides of the 2nd Child while the brown-haired boy asks with concern displayed, "Asuka?! When did you-?!"

Asuka swiftly turns her head to the left since that's where Shinji's image located while ignoring the fact that the 3rd Child's overwhelmed with a radiance of different colors and harshly cuts him off. "Never mind that, you idiot! You have to go get Nero, so stop wasting time!"

Shinji's quite dumbfounded by Asuka's words, and just when he's about to say something, Zahn starts laughing out of nowhere. Hearing this causes Misato to direct her focus to the gold Eva with some distress emitting and thinks, "What in the hell? Why is he laughing?"