Episode 23

Words from the Author:

Here's the continuation from where I left off in the previous episode. Some interesting developments during this episode. Another promise a certain boy made that has no recorded stability in the story. That should make you guys quite curious for a while. The answers to many questions that I've been leaving unanswered. Hell, this is really starting to feel like an Evangelion Fan Fiction. I seriously thank Hideaki Anno, Gainax and whoever else had a hand in creating Evangelion. You guys own it, not me. Can't wait to see what comes next from all of your brilliant minds. Enjoy the story, everyone.

Episode 23: Rising Up From The Despair That Clouds Your Soul

With the realization of the four enemy Evas having SEELE members as pilots, everyone in Central Dogma are momentarily stunned. In the meantime, Kaworu maintains his focus on the SEELE Evas as he analyzes the entire situation and contemplates about what he should do. As Kaworu does this, Fuyutsuki and Gendo continue to be located at Gendo's counter-like desk with their eyes locked on the main screen with an intense stare while the Commander maintains his usual pose.

Fuyutsuki finally turns to Gendo after being in a trance-like state due to the surprise he felt after hearing SEELE 09's voice. At the same time, he placed his left hand on Gendo's chair for leverage as he leans towards him a bit. With Fuyutsuki's attention towards Gendo, he whispers to him with a hint of concern in his voice while trying to maintain his composure, "Ikari. There's no doubt about it. That was Fujitaka Giichi talking. He's seated 9th in SEELE."

Gendo calmly responds to Fuyutsuki with his eyes still focused on the main screen's image of Unit 04 and the SEELE Evas. "That goes without saying, Kozo."

Fuyutsuki becomes a bit upset as he yells out in a whisper so that none of the others hear him, "Then tell me, do you have any explanation to how they're piloting Evas?! Everyone knows that's impossible for any adult to accomplish!"

Gendo slowly turns his gaze down to his desk with no emotion being displayed as he says, "Keel once mentioned a method to have adults pilot the Evangelion. Though it was disregarded due to the results of the experimental trials that were developed and monitored by Keel. They didn't even come close to resulting well."

Fuyutsuki begins to worry a little while leaning a tad bit closer to Gendo. "Is there a possibility that Keel could have managed this method?"

Gendo returns his focus to the main screen and says with a moderately concerned tone, "If he indeed found a way to accomplish what he couldn't half a decade ago, then we might be in trouble." He then looks at Fuyutsuki out of the corner of his eyes and says with a bland tone, "Remember, the old men of SEELE have gone through physical training in the earlier stages of their lives that have not yet left their memories. For that very reason, they're to be feared and not taken likely." Gendo watches on towards Central Dogma's personnel.

Meanwhile, Misato's very worried due to the revelation of the enemy Evas having SEELE members piloting them while briefly biting her right thumb. She then removes the thumb from her mouth, puts that hand down while looking towards Aoba and says with a firm tone, "Right now, we can't be worrying too much on the details of HOW Evangelions are being piloted by members of SEELE. Asuka's ready, right?"

Aoba nods in response while focusing on his screen as he quickly types on the keys. "Everything involving Unit 02 and its pilot are set up without a hitch. Unit 01 on the other hand..."

Misato cuts him off with fierceness in her voice. "Never mind Shinji. We'll give him a breather so he can compose himself." She turns her attention to the main screen while crossing her arms and says with a composed tone, "We can at least give him five or ten minutes. Until then, have Unit 02 launch next to Unit 04. That way she can give Kaworu a hand."