Episode 17

Words from the Author:

Here it is! This is going to be my most epic episode yet, by my opinion, and most likely wrap everything up that has been going on for FOUR episodes. I seriously never imagine it'd take four episodes to resolve this huge montage of battles that I used to set-up Nero's betrayal. I'm happy it did though because I think it would've been AMAZING if Neon Genesis Evangelion had a huge montage of battles last this many episodes. Well, enough of my yammering. I don't want to keep you guys from the greatness of this episode. You know the usual disclaimer stuff, so let's go on with the show!

Episode 17: Brothers

The scene resumes from where it left off with Unit 03 driving its left arm towards Unit 01 while Nero had let out his rage caused by Shinji forgetting a promise the two had made. As Unit 03's left limb extends, Nero furiously glares at Unit 01 with his body lunged forth.

Shinji gets startled by Unit 03's sudden attack and quickly tries having Unit 01 pull back. Unfortunately, the 3rd Child's reaction wasn't fast enough as Unit 03 grabs Unit 01's western arm, preventing it from retreating. This profoundly frightens Shinji, looking towards his left amidst shouting, "Crap! He got me!"

Nero portrays a devious smile as he says in a smart-ass way, "I sure do." Unit 03 swiftly lifts its left leg to forcefully thrust it onto the western region of Unit 01's torso while tugging on Unit 01's arm.

Shinji immediately screams in pain with his head cocked back while holding his left shoulder via his right hand. 

Unit 03 commences to yank on Unit 01's left arm even more, pressing its left leg against the Eva's torso. 

During that, Shinji continues crying out with his eyes closed, his left limb now stretched towards the side and tightly clutches it via the other hand.

Seeing that provokes Asuka to emanate concern as she contorts herself forward. "Shinji!" Unit 02 then dashes towards Unit 01 while the red-head desperately pleads, "Nero, you have to stop! He's your brother!"

Nero doesn't react to Asuka's outburst while intently staring Unit 01 down. Soon enough, the lad forcefully tugs on his controls, making Unit 03 rip Unit 01's appendage completely off from right above the elbow joint as its leg pushes Unit 01 away with blood uncontrollably gushing out. 

Unit 01 staggers backwards a bit amidst Shinji cringing from agony with his head lowered and is grasping his left arm. After a few seconds transgress, the teen gradually elevates his head to return his focus onto Unit 03, containing his right eye shut, as he breathes heavily. 

Unit 02 hastily runs up next to Unit 01's right as the red Eva faces towards it and Asuka inquires in worried, "Are you alright, Shinji?!"

Shinji gazes at Unit 02 with an exhausted demeanor while opening his right eye. "I'm fine." He then views Unit 03, seriousness summoned. "But I don't know if I can fight him."

Sadness fills Asuka, still staring at Unit 01 until switching her attention to Unit 03. "I'm not surprised. If you fight him, you'll need to fight with the thought of killing him." She lightly lowers her head. "That's something you shouldn't have to go through."

Nero chuckles after overhearing Shinji and Asuka's discussion with his head down. He eventually snaps his head to witness both Evas while Unit 03 releases its grip on the arm that was ripped off Unit 01 and asks with an arrogant tone following that action, "So, does that mean you're going to fight me instead, Asuka?"

Asuka's eyes widen, a bit astonished, prior to sadness resurfacing as she turns her head eastward to divert her vision from Unit 03. "I guess... I would..."