Episode 4

Words from the Author:

I'm going to keep this as short as possible because some times I don't have much to say. I'm pretty confident that there will be action, but it won't be action against SEELE. You guys will soon see what I mean by that. Enjoy the episode and know that I don't own Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Episode 4: Epic Simulation Training and SEELE's Preparations

Some more time had gone by as it has now been roughly two months since the day of the 3rd Impact and the year is 2016. The relationships between the children have been going well and with that, something interesting occurs. The children went through a discussion over something they really wanted out of the desire of each couple wanting to be closer. So the six companion's decided on confronting Misato and Kaji about their desire after they all finish eating as everyone is sitting at the table in the following order; On the left side of the table that's closest to the stove, which is the farthest point in the kitchen from the door to exit the house, it's Kaji sitting at the left corner. Misato's on his right, Asuka then follows, and Shinji is poised at the second to last seat of that region. With the table being capable of sitting ten people, meaning there are that many chairs, Touji's at the right corner while sitting ahead of Kaji upon the other side of the table. Hikari is on Touji's left side with Rei beside her and finally Kensuke, who's confronting Shinji.

Asuka looks at the others with determination and nods at them. 

The five friends nod back at Asuka while reflecting the same tenacity, although Shinji and Hikari are a little nervous by what the 2nd Child's about to ask. 

After seeing their response, Asuka nods once again, turns to the two adults and says with a sweet, innocent tone, "Hey, Misato, Kaji..."

Both Kaji and Misato emit curiosity as Misato inquires, "Yes, Asuka?"

Asuka momentarily takes in a deep breath while shutting her eyes and then views them once more with a hint of confidence. "Well, the others and I want to ask you guys something important. It means a lot to us."

Misato displays concern as she glimpses at each of the children all the way back to Asuka. "What is it?"

Asuka answers with a pleading smile directed towards both Kaji and Misato. "We were thinking about, maybe, we all could switch out rooms so that the couples will be in the same room together."

Misato's mildly surprised at first, compliments of the sudden request, until shifting her gaze to Kaji with a bit of intrigued demeanor. "What do you think?"

Kaji sighs as he closes his eyes and lowers his head. "I don't know, Misato." The male brings his gaze to Misato while lifting his head back. "As adults, it would be irresponsible to allow teens of the opposite sex to be sleeping in the same room." He then looks at the children with some seriousness showing.

Touji gets off his chair and gestures his arms a little while retorting in a pleading manner, "Come on! You can trust us! We promise we won't do anythin' perverted!"

Kensuke chuckles with his focus set onto Touji. "You know that you being who you are completely contradicts that promise, right?"

Touji glares at Kensuke out of the corner of his eyes with annoyance portrayed. "Shut it!"

Misato watches the kids as sympathy arises. "I'm sorry, guys. Kaji's right."

Upon hearing Misato's statement, all the children groan in disappointment while Shinji's quite sad as his head is dropped since he would like to be with Asuka. He eventually realizes something, causing his eyes to widen, before reverting his vision to Misato and Kaji with a light smile. "But Misato, don't you think it will benefit you and Kaji if you let us be in the room with who want?"