Episode 24

Words from the Author:

More questions will be answered during this episode. I obviously gave you all more things to be curious about thanks to episode 23, but don't worry, I'll answer them. Just be patient. Anyway, not much to say for this intro. So, let's get started! Neon Genesis Evangelion is sole property of Gainax, people. We can never change that, and by my opinion, who would even want to change that?! Enjoy, everyone.

Episode 24: Descending From Heaven As Only The Pilot Of Adam Can

The scene starts off with the two SEELE Evas that had retreated from Tokyo-03 roughly an hour ago and seem to be heading towards North America. They're currently flying side by side while being at a considerable distance above the Pacific Ocean as they hold onto their individual sword with their right hand. SEELE Eva 10 is to the left of SEELE Eva 11 as both Evas are damaged quite a bit due to their confrontation with Units 02 and 04. To be more specific, SEELE Eva 11 still has the stab wounds on its chest from Unit 04's Prog Knives while SEELE Eva 10 still has the wound on its left shoulder from when it was stabbed by its own sword thanks to Unit 02.

SEELE 11 *Mr. Hirainu* has a firm grip on the controls as he's leaning forward with his eyes focused on the direction his Eva's going in the air. At the same time, he says to SEELE 10 *Uzaki* with a moderately annoyed tone, "I can't believe we had to leave all of a sudden just because of those idiots Keel has in the 1st Branch."

Uzaki nods in agreement with seriousness being displayed as he's also focused at what's in front of him. "It makes me wonder of all the mistakes Keel's made so far. Letting Ikari run wild, putting too much faith both in Nero and Tabris, and now those fools he had relied on to manage the 1st Branch after it was abandoned by most of its personnel are up to something. Think about it. They have to be scheming something to ignore Keel's calls."

Mr. Hirainu's annoyance increases as he lightly grits his teeth. "Tell me about it. And now we lost Fujitaka and Aiko in addition to Keel killing Henzei just because he kept questioning Keel's methods."

Uzaki turns his gaze towards SEELE Eva 11 with a hint of curiosity arising. "I still couldn't believe that when Nazuki told all the members who weren't there when that had transpired. It makes me feel like we can't completely trust Keel. He could kill us off at any moment if we don't do as he says."

Mr. Hirainu adds to what Uzaki said without deviating his attention from where his Eva is headed while calming his demeanor. "I agree. Especially considering that we're piloting these Evas with the help of the Surrogate Core. Something that WE had no intention of ever doing, but I guess, Keel scared us into it."

Usaki responds with a bit of irritation taking over. "That actually reminds me. Keel didn't tell us when the Surrogate Core was completed. He revealed that when he told us that it's our obligation to finally get involved in the battle. That way we can personally have a hand in Instrumentality and be sure that the same mistake won't occur."

Mr. Hirainu looks downward with concern dwelling within him as he thinks, "The Surrogate Core... It's similar to the Dummy Plug System, which fools the Eva into thinking that a chosen child is piloting. Like Tabris for example. That's the mentality that our Dummy Plug is using after all. What the Surrogate Core does is trick the Eva into recognizing us as chosen children and uses the Dummy Plug as the basis for that." He then narrows his eyes while thinking, "This was so that we wouldn't have to rely on kids to pilot anymore, but I never expected that we would be the first subjects for this."

With the completion of that thought, Mr. Hirainu looks at his body, sees all the cords that have been implanted into his body and then mutters with annoyance returning, "To have to endure all the pain that comes with being hooked up like this just for the sake of the Surrogate Core's usage..." Mr. Hirainu pauses for a moment while gritting his teeth with rage being noted. "Keel...! Even if you think this is for the sake of Instrumentality... I won't forget this pain!"